Monday, February 14, 2011

Some other things from the museum of which I wrote about yesterday when I wrote another blog about the children's museum in Bangor

Siena, Maira, and Sasha hang out and wait for their 'order' in the restaurant, while Mia brings her sister and mom an appetizer of smelts tempura with broiled brolios and minty sour pickle sauce....

Callum, seeking the more traditional route, settled on a sparsely cheesed pizza for him and his mummy....I love the faces these two are making right now!
Hard at work again: Callum and Maya are bogged down with orders. Running a restaurant is tough!!
My favorite picture: The Bangor museum, I guess, has room dedicated to Maine children's books including GOODNIGHT MOON, MISS RUMPHIUS, KEEP THE LIGHTS BURNING, ABBY, and, of course, my (and Callum's) personal favorite, BURT DOW: DEEP WATER MAN.. Callum has always loved this book, and so have I. I bought it on one of my sailing trips out of Camden, and I always looked forward to reading it my children. Lucky for me, this is one of Callum's all time favorites, about Burt Dow, his friend the Giggling Gull, his trusty old boat the Tidely Idely, and an uneventful day where he became swallowed by a whale and decided to paint the stomach pink. And such and such. I NEED to go see this boat. It is a legend in my mind. You should read the book.

8 comments:

ORTIZ said...

LOOKS LIKE CALLUM IS HAVING A BALL!!!! iS THAT A REAL PIZZA,LOOKS YUMMY.

Jared said...

Thanks Dad and Lynne for being the only two readers of this blog! My mom doesnt know how to get on the internet, and George is too busy agreeing with Kelsey on FB when she is rude back to me like I am to her. What a surprise. And I dont think my sister knows I have a blog. And I dont think Jon and Kelsey ever got on this cuz they are drinking at the horny toad.

Susie said...

I figured out how to see your updates in my dashboard! I read it all the time now. :)

Mee Mee said...

What a good time! I want to go there! And I want Callum to cook for me like you and George do because I don't!

echoes said...

Ciara and I love the Bangor Children's Museum. Glad you guys also enjoyed it. Ciara's been to the one in Augusta, but said it paled in comparison. Oh...I check your blog...I just save my comments for when you put interesting stuff on :0 not that I've updated mine in 5 months.

George said...

Sorry J, I'm just a rude guy by nature.

belle said...

I wont comment b/c you fogot to mention the New Jersians again! Jeez, and I thought we were your favorites!

jared said...

oh....belle? i didnt even know you were still alive.

how am i supposed to mention you? in what context?