Monday, March 19, 2012

Lucky Leprachaun Part II

Callum just LOVES to run. Some little kids like baseball. Or basketball. Or trucks. Or legos. Callum Stuart loves to run. I hope it carries into his pre teen and teen years. After the race, he wanted to do the cool down with me--this is kind of our deal because, usually, he gets visibly upset when he cannot run the entire RACE with me. Also, sitting down after the race, looked at me and said, "Daddy, when I get bigger and bigger and bigger I'm going to RACE you....and then I am going to BEATTTTTT YOU!!!" I told him it was "on like donkey kong" and we shook on it. I also told him that I cant think of anything cooler than having my own son run a race with me someday....and beating me!


As I mentioned yesterday, we started and finished the race at Amalfi's Restaurant in Rockland, and, after sampling several of their Shag Rock Brews, we decided to just stay and eat at the place. I think this will become a classic Fitzgoldwards establishment, and I think we'd all like to go back (without the kids...) WHO SAID THAT??? what? I didnt hear anything......
As you can see, the view is great...but the picture didnt come out super well....
Callum and his good buddy Caden. It is cute to watch Callum try to copy just about everything Caden does....I think Callum is at "that age." He looks up to Caden, who is, as you can tell, a "big kid." haha...
Typical Callum face....
After lunch, we headed down to a kind of sandy (well...sandy for MAINE) beach to walk around and let the kids play a bit. Callum and Mia seemed to be as content as could be to throw rocks into the ocean. Caden was a masterful rock skipper. Also, Caden, Mia, and Callum worked on their shell and rock collections. Siena texted the whole time (JUST KIDDING!!!!). And Maira? Well, she just kind of stood around and took it all in. That is, until her big fan Caden started playing with her!
We just love being on the ocean....

4 comments:

The Goldsmiths said...

Wow Brad, I didn't know that you had such a nice camera! It almost looks new! And look - I got a nice picture of it in the first shot!!

But seriously, we had a GREAT day! Can't wait to get back there!

Siena said...

Really, Jared???!!! haha! I was actually getting talked into going camping this summer by Amanda while you all were down on the beach... so there! haha! Great day, and I love the post!

LOL, Amanda... he even had to make sure his camera was in your shot!!

Emily said...

"Fitzgoldwards" is making me laugh. I love it.

ORTIZ said...

I LIKE YOU BETTER WITHOUT THE BEARD.CALLUM IS REALLY SOMETHING, LOBSTER, STEAMERS AND PRIME RIB. I DON'T KNOW, CAN YOU BEAT ME IN A ROAD RACE, OF COURSE I WOULD BE IN MY TRUCK.