Sunday, March 11, 2012

A quick trip to Sadie's

Last week or so I was going over my friend Eric's place to supposedly watch the Celtics for a bit....to my everlasting joy, we spent the entire time discussing The Count of Monte Cristo, since he just picked it up at the library to read, and he knows it is one of my all time favorites. Before I went over his house, I stopped by the high school, since the Sadie Hawkins dance was going on. Obviously, I was dressed for the occasion. But I wanted to see some of my students--this year's senior class is comprised of some of the finest young people I have ever had the pleasure to teach. I will really miss them when they are gone, and, now that we are in mid March almost, that time is nearer than one might think!

Here is Christine, one of our babysitters. Also, she and Amanda share an intense love of Birki's and other cool sandal stuff....

Elizabeth, whom I had the pleasure of teaching as a freshman too. She is taking an independent study with me this year on teaching English. Next to her in Conner, who will either go to Wheaton, Stonehill, or St Mike's. If Wheaton or Stonehill are it, then he can hang out with Annie at the clubhouse. Next to her is Sydney, and next to her is Sarah.
The "cool kids." Obviously.

Dont you sometimes wish the simplicity and fun of high school? These are some fantastic kids for sure

Like I said, I was dressed for the occasion. The Sadie's dance also ends the official "Winter Carnival" week at the school. Winter Carnival has been written about before on Goldsmith5. It is a crazy week of inter-class competitions and games, all culminated by a crazy assembly I host for the whole school--eating contest, tug of war, basketball, etc.

Now come the doldrums of March. Worst winter EVER as far as snow. Yesterday was daylights savings time. "Nicer" weather is coming. Longer days. This all, for me, equals SEVERE depression. How long is it til next NOvember???

1 comment:

Eric Reynolds said...

Great post Mr. Goldsmith.