Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Portsmouth


We met my mom and Bob in Portsmouth. It is kind of like a half way point for both of us, so it worked out great. We went to Kohl's and Longhorn (two MUSTS if you are ever in Portsmouth NH!!! The ones there are OUTSTANDING!!!!)

#sarcasm

We took a nice little stroll in the Prescott Park area of downtown Portsmouth...I have written about the great city many many times on this blog; it is probably the Goldsmith's favorite city, because it is where we "fell in love." Lots of great memories and "ghosts" in this old stomping ground.

Here is a unique picture of Callum. I love it and I think it might be one of my favorites. It captures a "Callum" few ever get to see. His expression is so mysterious, even to me.




(please apply this paragraph to the first picture on this post....I HAD the picture here, and then it got deleted, and then I reposted it. Shut up). Callum doesnt pose for pictures. Or talk on the phone. Plus, no one could catch him cuz he was running around Prescott Pyark. But here is Maira with Upbob and Nannie....(actually, I think I was trying to find a place for Callum to go poo poo, cuz he had to go poo poo in THEEEEE most inopportune place on the face of the earth. But I found a place. I found a place.
Prescott park is a lovely place, right on the water. Across the harbor you can see the Portsmouth Naval Shipyard, along with several tankers and Coast Guard cutters which are docked there. There are many places to run run run. And, as you will see behind me, there is a whale. Callum spent approximately 42 minutes sitting on this whale. Basically, Callum and I raced for much of the afternoon....the kid just LOVES competition. And he is getting cocky.
I told Callum I would post "his favorite horse." This was something they didnt have in Portsmouth when Sally and I lived down on the seacoast: Horsedrawn carriage rides. Callum, obviously enamored with horses, loved checking out the Norwegian Qtr Horse--from afar, that is. If this type of novelty service existed when I was at UNH, can you imagine all the dates I would have taken for rides on this? SO many. SOOOOO many dates. A lot. A lot of them. A lot.
Our kids do not ever run out of energy. Here we are walking from the park back to our car, getting ready to make the drive back to Fairfield. Too bad Callum wasnt a LITTLE more to the left...then it would be a stellar picture.

1 comment:

Nannie said...

maybe next time we can go all around Portsmouth on a warmer day and hang out there.

although I know Jared LOVES KHOLS

Callum would have no part of getting his photo taken what so ever. so we only had it done with my little lady Maira, such a soft spoken little voice, "Up-Bob" like a whisper she says it. but she says NANNIE very loud. hmmmmmmm must be playing on someone.....

looks like I had a bird nest on the top of my head, it was so cold and windy by the water that day.

burrrrrrrr