Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Christmas in September

Oh hi. Amanda here. Blogger is being so weird and I have no idea if this will even turn out right. Jared had told me that they changed the site but I didn't realize how messed up it was until tonight when I'm trying to write this blog. Anyway, on to more important things. Like baking cookies with Callum!
Okay, so I guess I can't write in between photos anymore. What the heck?

 Oh - I figured it out. ANYWAY - Callum has been asking to make Christmas cookies lately. I think this is because he and Maira are OBSESSED with the movie 'Prancer'. They ask to watch it first thing in the morning and then continue throughout the day. Callum, I know, has lines memorized. In the movie the little girl feeds Prancer some Christmas cookies because that's all she has to give him for food. Callum decided he would like to make some too. You know, just in case we found a wounded reindeer outside our house and we needed to feed him...




We made all different shapes - pumpkins, bats and ghosts; bells, trees, and snowflakes; a house, a mickey house head, bears, and moose. Callum did a great job rolling out the dough, cutting it out, and then decorating them. He LOVES sprinkles.
Maira was taking her afternoon nap and it's always nice to be able to spend some time with just one of the kids. Callum and I also love taking funny pictures together. Here is our favorite:
And here is my little baker. On our last batch, he decided that we would play 'Bakery'. He informed me that he was the baker and I had to sit at the dining room table. I had to just sit there. And do nothing. I couldn't even read a book. Apparently I had to sit and just wait for my cookies to be done. Actually, in the words of Callum, 'Mommy, you sit here at the table. I'm the baker and I'm baking cookies for you. I'll let you know when I'm ready for you to put them into MY oven, okay?" Okay, CS...

4 comments:

The Goldsmiths said...

very very excellent post! I just cannot believe how much Callum (and Maira is on her way!) is obsessed with all-things-holidays: Thanksgiving, Halloween, Chrimbus,, Christmas, etc...kid loves it. Hopefully he takes after you as a baker....

Brad said...

Awesome! Looks like fun... I want a a shark cookie. (no unicorns please) Nice job Callum!!

Goldsmith said...

Haha Brad....then you can say to Callum "oh callum...thanks for watching all my cookies for me...it was nice of you to give me MY cookies back..." Then he will laugh. He loves that game....

MeeMee said...

Callum,

You did a GREAT job with those cookies!! The ghost that you let me taste was delicious!! Can you bake some more so that I can dunk them in my tea??

Such a cute post!