Sunday, September 23, 2012

So here we are

in week 3 of the NFL, and as I write this, the Pats are about to take on the Baltimore Ravens in prime time--NBC Football Night in America, as I have written many times, is undoubtedly my favorite show on television. They have the best color analysis, interviews, and, in my opinion, annoncers.... We havent taken many pictures lately but we hope to start that up again soon....we went apple picking today, and I will post some pictures of this soon. Boy was it crowded up at the Apple Farm today... Yesterday, on Saturday, Amanda and her mom went, again, to a quilt store in Jefferson (a beautiful country town). I hung out with the kids, played football and soccer (Callum's favorite things to do lately...with soccer, we play pass, and he is showing great technique....and with football, basically, he just wants to tackle me), and went with Callum on a run around the block. I, too, went for a long 8 miler yesterday. In the rain. #chafing. Speaking of running, we are over half way through the season, and, at this point, our regular season is over. We are undefeated as a team (points system....kind of complicated) as we head into the Festival Of Champions this coming weekend, Mt Blue Relays, and then the 'playoffs' version of XC. It makes me so excited to run and race, and I look forward to doing some 5ks this fall. Maira updates: Her latest obsession is definitely dolls (or as she calls them BABIES), and her favorite baby is the Cabbage Patch Doll Papa got her for Christmas last year. She has named it Ashley (she pronounces it ASH-EEEEE). Finally, her other favorite thing to do is be lifted up so she can stand on the kitchen counter and look in the snack cabinet and (hopefully) score some candy corn. Her eyes literally LIGHT UP when she stands on the counter and opens that magical snack-door, even.... Okay. off to the game.

No comments: