Friday, April 12, 2013

April 12th,

and it is snowing outside. Really. What a miserable miserable April it has been thus far. I wonder if, as a month, we will break any meteorology records; the wind has been fierce, and the temps have been lower than Anne Bolger's tolerance for me. If she read this blog she would not appreciate seeing that....
 
But anyway, where are all the moonbats and their global warming shennannigans? Hmm.....
 
 
Yesterday I officiated the inaugural track meet at Winslow High School (well, we have hosted meets before, but this was the first one on the brand new track!). History was made yesterday, essentially, because many kids on the team set PRs, and it was the coldest track meet ever recorded in the history of time. I judged the boys and girl's javelin, and it was CRAZY. First of all, I was in a large expansive field with the wind whipping over and over the place. Add to the fact that by the end of the meet (which was four hours long) the temp had dropped below 30. THEN add to that the fact that there were 43 boys throwing the jav....with four throws each. Do some math, and you will understand why I could not wait to get home!
 
 
Physical Therapy 3 times per week, and I feel like I am making some progress already--I definitely feel looser, and I am doing some bicep and tricep exercises with 15 pound dumbbells. I continue to be diligent about my icing, doing it 5 or 6 times per day. It is funny--I have a neat ice pack from the hospital...but I actually prefer a bag of frozen vegetables. It is more flexible and it surrounds the joint capsule better. Mmmm. Joint capsule. And Angelina Ballerina is so much more enjoyable to watch when I have ice and my two rugrats with me.....
 
 
 

Callum is still such a ham when the camera is around. He loves to TAKE pictures of people and things; this morning, I caught him with his own digital camera taking pictures OF a TV show at 6:46 AM. The show? "Bodies in Motion," the Maine Public Television morning exercise program. He was taking pics of the girl doing stretches.....



We spend as much time as we can outside--even if it is windy and crappy and cold. But when we are indoors, the kids love setting up forts. More to come on that later.


I know this isnt a "Meandering" post, but I have one based on something at school today: My colleague and co-coach Chris, who teaching chemistry, was having her AP kids make soap today (the kids will give it to their moms for mother's day). Anyway, as I was chatting with her in her room (her husband is running the Boston Marathong on Monday) I noticed how she was cleaning up all the beakers, spoons, stirrers, strainers, graduated cylinders, etc. from their soap making exploits. Do you see the irony there? Cleaning up from making soap? That is crazy mang.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Frozen peas work best. Are the track team in Maine wearing shoes yet or are they still in bear feet. Is the soap made from Moose fat?