Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Almost discharged....

Got back from PT this morning....Carolyn, my therapist, told me that, after my next appointment on Monday at 830, she may discharge me....that is great news for me. I am nowhere NEAR being 'all better' yet though. Discharging me just means that I have full range of motion. I still have a ways to go on my strength, and I am still in quite a bit of pain most of the time. But I'm not complaining! I swear! It is a long process and I am enjoying the challenge.

Last night I got caught running in one of the most ferocious thunderstorms I have ever seen....it was truly a meditative and almost transcendent experience....I was already far from home, at the Quarry Road trails, because I was getting ready to run a race (the race was postponed because of the weather). In the process, I saw/found lots of ATV trailheads and parking areas so when Efth comes up we have something to do in between drinking....(I hope Jezsin and JJ come up too!)

Aaron Hernandez was taken from his house this morning in handcuffs, arrested in connection with some murder. Also, he was cut by the Patriots. How sad. Whether he is guilty or not, to have your life basically ruined forever must be devastating....he seemed to have it all and was on his way to being an amazing tight end for the team who will win this year's Superbowl. Oh well....

You know what is a very "Maine" thing to do? Name your kids some everyday/common name, but change the spelling to be original: Hayleigh, Bryenn, Tailor (seriously), Cyndee, Malynda. These are all serious names of people I know. That is all.

Here are some pictures from Lake George last week:

A gorgeous place....we were on the side with the 'sandy' beach for a change! The hilly area in back of us is all prime snowmobiling country.....


This picture is in honor of Jezsin Ponticelli. When we were younger, and at the beach, standing with our arms over our head like this was the universal sign that we were peeing in the water. I was, at this point, not peeing in the water. Dont worry. Oh my stars. No like. (why do I even bother....my mom dont read this blog....)


and also, 

Poor Amanda didnt get in any of these pictures.....but she wasnt swimming either....so she sat and took pictures....


Maira loves the water, and she LOVES sand. For approximately 18 minutes, she did nothing but carry shovelfuls of sand from the beach and dump them into the lake. This was repeated roughly 1283 times.....

1 comment:

Brad said...

I bet those teenagers behind you were peeing in the water.