Sunday, June 16, 2013

How great is it.....

to be right here....in this chair....in this very moment? Well, in case you dont know, it is freakin awesome. So I am glad Amanda captured this picture. And I didn't even have to pay off the kids to do this....haha....
 
These were taken a few days ago, while I was sitting in my chair icing and dozing off.....we read for about a half hour or so. It was grand.....
 
And today is father's day, so I thought it would be appropriate to post me and my little friends having some fun! Today after church they took me for breakfast at The Flatlanda, a place Jahn is banned from for life by Jaquie......but that is anutttha story.....
 
 


Callum had an excellent birthday party yesterday, and I will post on that tomorrow. But last Sunday the GOldsmiths headed out for their maiden canoe trip of the season, and I am just getting around to posting these now! I was just happy to be able to lift the canoe on and off the car (but it will be a while before I can do it myself I think!)


We made our way over to Messalonskee stream and just went for about a half hour or so....we saw four turtles, a beaver, and a monstrous beaver dam. It is a great place for seeing wildlife. Often here we see Great Blue Herons as well......


Callum, who used to REFUSE to get his picture taken, has thrown us another curveball by now LOVING to get his pic taken....but you can totally see why.....

Also, our old canoe is looking pretty good for being 9 years old, huh??  Her name is Scamper, by the way....


Oh, and below is NOT some new avante garde exhibit at the art gallery....this is what Maira now spends the majority of her time doing: Putting her babies to 'bed' and feeding them and changing them and nursing them (both of the milk variety and the 'back to health' variety with the help of her doctor kit). So if you come over, be careful where you step....


 Happy father's day to all those blessed to be a dad!

No comments: