Thursday, June 13, 2013

tumultuous week....

Just a week of a lot of transitions......

The weather doesn't help....SO. MUCH. RAIN. It just doesn't 'feel' like it should be mid June. We have had three 'warm' days of summer like feeling...and the rest just kind of feel like bleh....

Tomorrow is my last day of school for the year.....even though my seniors graduated, I have been at school each day, as busy as ever....I have been taking a course on the Internet on the Fundamentals of Coaching....it definitely was not FUN but it sure was MENTAL, even! Actually a very tough course....but now it is over and I am 'nationally certified' or whatever bureaucratic thing they say I am....

But this year has definitely been the strangest most 'different feeling' over my teaching career; even when the seniors graduated, it just didn't 'feel' like graduation time. And, now, it just doesn't 'feel' like the end of the school year. It is weird. This year was tough in a lot of ways--my teaching load increased by A LOT before I entered this year. Plus, I had an intern who designed a lot of stuff, which, in turn, took away a lot of material I usually cover. Then my shoulder surgery limited A LOT of my lifestyle--I missed more school this year than I have in the past 6 years combined, I figured out. Crazy.....

Maira didn't really have any big milestones as she isn't old enough to be 'involved' in stuff yet....but Callum had, today, his last day of preschool and his last teeball game of the season. Two big endings today; I am not sure he understands 'closure' and things ending yet. And, tomorrow, he turns FIVE years old!! I cannot believe this. He has his little party this weekend, and then, in a couple of weekends, he goes down to 'the city' (what he calls BOSTON) to go to either the Swan Boats or the NE Aquarium with Nannie.


.....

 
 


Amanda and the kids got me a great birthday cake for my birthday a couple of weeks ago....forgot to post pics of this stuff....




oh hey....

No comments: