Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Almost October??




Yes it is, believe it or not. It head 95 degrees in Fairfield today, and wouldnt you know it? Our air conditioner broke at about 3 this morning. I know I shouldnt complain, because we are lucky enough to have an AC in our room, but it was kind of funny. The knob that adjusts the coldness broke off and the machine was making this really loud throbbing noise. What made it even funnier was the fact that we have a "sleigh bed" style headboard, and the AC plugs in right in back of that . . . .so Amanda had to crawl in back of the bed Navy Seal style at about 3. Then we went back to sleep--or I should say Amanda went back to sleep. After "I" fell asleep--about 5 minutes after, to be exact--Little P started licking my forehead, which is his universal sign that he wants the hell out the closed door bedroom, probably so he can go sit downstairs and stare at nothing like he always does.


The warm weather has allowed us to keep doing some more projects (like fix the air conditioner). After making love to a hacksaw for an hour or so last week, I was able to install the new globe lantern on our light post. Maybe for Christmas, I'll put red and green lights in the globe, so all the neighborhood kids will come over and sing carols to me. Also, as you can see, we put the first coat of stain on the T-111 wood. The wood was so dry, that it sucked in the stain like Mikey and his milkshake (only Ponticekki will get this). Just the two small sides took a whole gallon of stain. But now, everything is TOO white, and we'll probably paint the door to give some contrast.


Did anyone watch the premiere of NCIS or The Unit last night? NCIS was awesome, but I would have to say that The Unit was probably the most exciting, gut-wrenching, blood pressure elevating hour of television I have ever seen. What just totally kicks my butt is how darn well the show is written. David Mamet was a playwright before he crossed over to television (and writing the program). After last night's episode I needed to go for a walk and have a ciggy-butt . . .it was that stressful.


Tomorrow it will be FOUR YEARS since Ms. Amanda Stuart Willard did me the honor of making me Mr. Jared Nicholas Willard . . . .


We have reservations at the Village Inn--our official anniversary restaurant. We'll write more about it tomorrow. They are probably slow roasting my duck at 200 as we speak . . .

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe it's been four years already, how time flies when you are in love! Happy Anniversary

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!

Belle said...

Happy Anniversary! May you share many, many, many more years of happiness together! We love you!

Love,
Michelle
Emma (Little Cheese)
& Steve Cee

Anonymous said...

Cha Cha says Happy Anniversary too, four years have flown by...with so many many changes.

Happy Anniversay.....

Anonymous said...

Wow, Four Years?!? Amanda, you owe me $20 for losing the bet!





Mikey Milkshake = laughs

Anonymous said...

HEY! ONE MORE THING, JA. DO YOU THINK YOU'RE BETTER THAN ALL OF US?

WELL HOW COME WE TYPE IN OUR NAME AFTER LEAVING LEAVING MESSAGES, NO MATTER IF WE CAPITALIZE OR NOT, IT ALWAYS PUTS OUR NAMES IN LOWER CASE LETTERS?!

THAT'S BUSHLEAGUE!