Thursday, September 13, 2007

Camp Greenlaw








Amanda and I are so fortunate in that we have such great neighbors where we live. We have become particularly close with the people who live behind us--Cindy, Dana, Toby, and Stink-a-Moe Greenlaw (Toby is their Yorkie, and Moe is their puppa cat). From about Memorial Day to Labor Day, the Greenlaws live out at their camp on China Lake. At first, when I lived in Maine, I though it was so funny and strange how we have a town near us called "China." But now I think nothing of it. Anyway . . .




Their camp is pristine, and they put an endless amount of time and money into their beautiful spot. They are both the kind of people who love being busy, so a camp like this is perfect for them. I dont think they are ever NOT modifying the home somehow--they just gutted and re-did the bathroom, they installed new windows, they build new docks, and they put copious amounts of time and energy into their landscaping. I've included some pictures, since we are always talking about it to my mom and dad, and I wanted them to see it.




As I've mentioned, we've become pretty good friends with them (Cindy calls Amanda her surrogate daughter), and we go out there to visit often in the summer--although last summer, we seemed to be out there every weekend, and this summer we were so busy. There's a "no no drinking" policy out at camp, so that is always fun. Cindy, the perpetual hostess, is always concocting some fruity blend of the hard stuff, and beer is never difficult to find. Its so relaxing out there; we cruise around on their "party barge," jump in the warm lake to swim, sit on the deck and have snacks and cocktails, and burn the biggest bonfires I've ever seen--they char everything from pallets to sections of old fences to Maine Correctional prisoners. Amanda and I have had many great times out there, so I wanted to share the place with you all.




In other news, we had a good time with the Babiks this evening at Grand Central Cafe in Waterville--they cook up brick oven pizza. Jane has left teaching at WHS for the year, as she is travelling back to Oxford University with Milan, who is finishing his Ph.D this semester. He is smart--he got a FULL scholarship to Oxford to pursue a doctorate in international economics




Perhaps if you're good, there will be more Meanderings coming your way soon . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got a doctorate in poop.

Anonymous said...

When I went to camp we did Arts and Farts and Crafts.