Monday, August 25, 2008

Weekend Pictures

Well, today marked the last day of my summer vacation. It was truly a blessing to be home this summer with both my wife and my son . . .this probably wont happen again for a while. It is kind of sad and I know it will be tough to leave tomorrow morning, but I know I'll enjoy getting back into a routine and all. I really am looking forward to getting started with my students on Friday (the next few days are meetings, planning, etc.). One of my goals this year is to ride my bike to school 4 days per week, and drive the other 1, transporting my shirts and ties, etc. for the week ahead. Let's see how it goes.
Also, in case anyone is interested, I had my yearly physical this morning, and, for a 30 year old male, I have the body of a 29 year old male (except for my bladder, which is 89). It looks like I'm okay, and I've actually lost 14 pounds since April when I saw him last. So this purging thing really works then. Anyway, here are some pictures of us idiots (except Callum, who isnt an idiot). . . .

Callum says goodbye to his daddy, as, he is leaving for a sleepover with grammy and gramps. He is wearing daddy's favorite onesie . . .this one has fire trucks, ladders, and the word "beep" repeated throughout
Here we are before the trip, when we were still friends.
After a great dinner at the Asian Cafe. They loved the fact (and I guess I never really noticed or appreciated) that one of the finest restaurants I've ever been to has, residing above it, a gun shop. By the look of this, the ginger chicken didnt agree with Johnny C. And Jay is in the "Bloods," I guess.
And here we are after the rafting, when we all hated each other. I kept my shirt on so as not to scare the children and elderly ladies.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are we still on for tonight? Amanda should I bring anything other than the games?

Jared your trip looks like so much fun. Maybe the four of us could go next weekend.

Anonymous said...

r u kidding me

Anonymous said...

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

There goes that Chris and Michelle thing again.

Anonymous said...

I'd like a table for one please

Anonymous said...

what weird comments lately. i mean, they dont even make sense. what the heck? if you're going to try and be funny, then at least be funny

Michelle Garner said...

Jared - I just want you to know that the the first comment didn't come from Chris or from me. Hmmm...I think someone on your blog has it out for me? (Especially given the fact that we finalized plans last night on the phone...)

And what is the "Chris and Michelle thing again?"

Anonymous said...

Jared, get control of your blog.

Anonymous said...

Dinner was good tonight. Cannot wait for tomorrow night to do it all again. Twister anyone?

Anonymous said...

Hi Jared & Amanda! I cannot believe summer is over and it is time to go back to work and school. But atleast the both of you were able to stay home together with Callum.

I will be working at the high school from the 3rd-12th, so I will be able to see you alot. Dee just called me today actually. Have to put in the time before Baby Reynolds comes!!

Anonymous said...

I'd like to have the fish please

Anonymous said...

ANNIE (MUM), WANTS TO KNOW HOW COME JOHNNY CROCKET IS SO MUCH TALLER THAN THE REST OF YOU AND THE ONLY ONE WITH 'HAIR'.....

LOOKING GOOD.....