Sunday, April 12, 2009

HE IS RISEN

Happy Easter 2009. Wow...you're all in for such a special treat, as this is my second post of the day (see below post as well!). Too bad no one reads this....

Callum looked adorable today in his new Easter outfit; Amanda actually bought him two down in CT this past weekend (thanks Grammy!). He was so excited about his Easter "Tonka Wheel Pals" that he couldnt even look at the camera. Here he is with me before we left for church....Amanda is always able to get a smile out of him!
Church was absolutely beautiful; besides having a pastor whom we truly love, we also have an outstanding....and I mean OUTSTANDING organist who handles the music of the service. Tom, our organist, went to grad school for music at Notre Dame, and he always includes amazing selections. Today, being Easter, we were treated to the organ plus two trumpeters....Callum really loved this! The sermon was spot on, as usual, and it was good to see everyone all celebrating this special day.
Lynne, George, and Handy-Pop (my new nickname was Ensign) came over at around 1:30 for Easter dinner. After getting home from church, I literally ran out the door to get my run in, then came back, then finished off the beans and ham, then enjoyed a great dinner. The menu consisted of Mello-Gold Ham with a Wickman-inspired root beer glaze, Ortiz's special recipe of Boston Baked Beans, Ensign's famous cole slaw, potato salad, and asparagus. For dessert, Amanda baked cookies, and Lynne brought an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.

Callum enjoyed some ham, asparagus, and even a "little" ice cream cake (but I wouldnt let him have that much....sorry, I'm the bad guy).
Here's a nice picture of Callum and Grampy after dinner. I think we would all agree that Grampy has a great smile and we should see it more.

Its been a whirlwind of a weekend, from travelling down to CT on Thursday night, to spending time with the Favry's, to driving back to Maine last night, to preparing Easter dinner today....I am exhausted. I'm actually looking forward to school tomorrow, to get back on a routine. I used both of my personal days in the last three weeks...plus I had a professional conference I went to last week as well. I dont like missing school this much. PLUS, this is the last week before vacation!
Lastly, in honor of this special day, we remember those not with us at Easter this year. The line that is cut off on top says "The Easter Lillis that Grace..." You are able to read the rest....






4 comments:

Nannie said...

Callum you look so cute in your Easter outfits.. love the vest and pants.

tell daddy and mommy, more sugar and ice cream please. don't worry, NANNIE will give you anythign you want.....

Anonymous said...

I love his khakis

Anonymous said...

Not too many comments.

jared said...

i know....apparently a cute baby on easter just isnt that controversial....oh well....haha