Thursday, April 30, 2009

Wednesdays With Callum #3

Hi everyone. Amanda here. It's Thursday and I'm just getting around to doing my weekly Wednesdays with Callum blog. We had a great day together. I love being home with him because I get greeted by this when he wakes up from his naps:

If you enlarge this picture you can just make out his top left little tooth starting to show. Grammy, you called it! Jared says that he looks totally like me in that picture. And so this next picture, I think, is totally Jared. Wouldn't you agree?

Callum is a huge help on Wednesdays. Not only does he take time to help me with my work by banging on my laptop, answering the phone, dialing 11111115211111114444444, and working the mouse; he also keeps himself busy. This Wednesday he took time to read the paper:

He also helped me by doing some laundry. He has discovered how much fun an empty laundry basket can be. He stands up and pushes it around the kitchen floor, using it like a walker... This has given us some great ideas for a 1st birthday gift.

Callum loves to play games. His favorite game to play with Daddy is 'chase'; Jared says, "I'm gonna get you!" and crawls toward Callum while Callum squeals and crawls away as fast as his little body can go. They usually do a couple of laps around the house before they're done...
On Wednesday Callum discovered that he and I can play peek-a-boo using my laptop. He hides behind it, waits a few seconds, and then pops his little head around to surprise me. It is our new favorite game and I happened to catch him on camera one time:
I can't wait to see Callum when he wakes up in the morning. He makes every day a worthwhile and beautiful one...

12 comments:

jared said...

one of my favorite blogs in goldsmith5 history.....

amanda said...

Thank you, Jared!

belle said...

Loved this post and all the pictures of Callum! He is getting sooo.... big! I hope to see him soon, before he starts kindergarten (hahahaha!).

Love the teeth, he's such a handsome little guy.

Kristin said...

cute blog, cant wait for Jackson to play peek a boo...right now he just plays pudding poops

Auntie KK and Uncle Arf think Callum will like his birthday present a lot!!!!

jared said...

yes i am sure he will....and wait til my little pudding pal sees all the stuff we have for him that we forgot when we visited....

jared said...

oh and belle, you have to take him swimming this summer, so daddy and stevee cee can eat crabs and enjoy wheat beverages....

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh, I absolutely adore this child! haha, he's so cute, I can't even stand it

Anonymous said...

Belle would love to take Callum swimming this summer so daddy and Stevie Cee can eat crabs and drink beers!

amanda said...

I'll go swimming too, Belle. Just save me a crab or two or three, okay Jared?

ortiz said...

We are all so blessed to have beautifull healthy grandchildren.

jared said...

and dont forget their beautiful and healthy parents!!

grammy said...

What a beautiful blog! I can't tell you enough how good it did my heart and spirit to see his sunny face! He is so much fun to play with and he's always so happy. I miss him terribly. I miss you guys too!