Tuesday, May 5, 2009

A plea for your support.....

I'm not very good at this at all, but here it goes....

This is me formally asking for your support when I ride the Trek Across Maine towards the end of June. I hate asking people for monetary donations, but I guess I will make an exception for this....

The ride promises to be AMAZING: Three days of riding 180 miles....supporting a great cause for the American Lung Association....meeting and riding with amazing people (students, friends, etc)...and overcoming what promises to be, for me, a truly arduous challenge.

I know I've mentioned this all before, so I apologize if you are reading it again....but as a cancer survivor (Hodgkins Lymphoma) I feel blessed to be able to partake in this event!

I am all registered for the ride, and I just got my "packet" from the "Trek" organizers today: I am "Trekker #2483." So, if nothing else, I'll have another race number to tack to the breezeway wall...ha ha.

In order to ride, the "Trek" officials require each rider to raise a minimum of $500.00, so I come before you, humbly, and ask for your support....ANY amount will be greatly appreciated, as it will ALL add up!! You can support me "on line" by going to "lungme.org" and following the "Trek Across Maine" links to where it says "support/pledge a trekker." Or, if you'd like to, contact me by email at jngoldsmith@hotmail.com and I will give you our mailing address and you can send your pledges to me.

Thank you so much for your support, and I promise to have some new Callum pictures soon! (sorry). It has been such a busy week that we haven't taken many photos....but tomorrow is "Wednesdays with Callum" and Amanda usually goes berserk with pictures. He is doing very well though...Amanda had her breast feeding support group tonight, and the nurse always weighs Callum. He is ringing in at a cool 20 pounds even....he's actually pretty small, huh?

He's just a little guy.....little CS Goldsmith....

Thanks again
Jared

8 comments:

jared said...

there are no pictures AT ALL in this blog because our Gateway computer has more issues than National Geographic....CRAPPY COMPUTER. Slower than me running the 5K....so dig....

ortiz said...

Good luck! How about some details of the ride, when, etc.

Amanda said...

As Jared's manager, I'll give you some details:

The ride is on June 19 - 21. It's pretty much a ride across the state: it goes from Sunday River (a ski resort in western Maine) to Rockland, ME on the coast. They'll be spending Friday night at the University of Maine at Farmington, Saturday night at Colby College (here in Waterville), and then arriving in Rockland on Sunday. From what I hear from Jonathan, they have lots of festivities going on each night - live bands, etc... There are trucks that bring your luggage from place to place while you're riding...

As Jared said, it's all to benefit the American Lung Association.

Jared is nervous, but I know he's going to do great!

Lisa said...

Jared, you'll be great! You'll love it too! My husband leaves friday for the Police Unity Tour, in memory of officers killed in the line of duty. It is a 300 mile ride from New Jersey to DC...sounds similar to yours. We just finished raising $1700 so I feel your pain....I'll donate online friday (payday!)
Best of luck to you (and Amanda for having to be the single Mom for a few days and the "tour manager" as I so proudly have called myself!) :)
-Lisa Macuch Clarke

Jackson said...

My mom said she'll donate, are you going to send her an email or something?

Jared said...

Lisa

Thank you so much!!! And that is quite a ride your husband is doing! Jeez....riding through New Jersey sounds stressful....all the people who live there drive like maniacs! (haha....Amanda's family all live down there!)

Nannie said...

Nannie says

OH MY STARS, DANGEROUS!!!

I will send you a check for donation.

I'd rather see pictures of my little guy though....

Nannie said...

One of my friends, age 58 was just told she needs a lung transplant, so this would be a great cause to contribute too.