Thursday, May 28, 2009

Happy 30th Sally Piles!


Happy Birthday Amanda!


Sunday night's birthday dinner. Jon and Mel came over for some grub. Amanda is talking to New Jersey as I am taking this....
A nice family shot of us in Camden harbor. The "Mercantile" is pictured in the back left....the shorter of the two taller masts. I sailed on the Mercantile two summers in a row. A beautiful trip.

Callum LOVES citrus fruit. At "The Waterfront," Michael was feeding Callum pieces of lemon and orange. The kid loves sucking on lemons, which I find absolutely hilarious...but I hear babies like lemons and that is normal. Oh well. Here, he's trying to get the wedge back from Michael...

And here's Callum's impression of a Duckbilled Platypus....haha


Well, it was actually last Sunday....but with computer problems and all, I am just getting around to posting some photos from her big day. Amanda's birthday "weekend" started by me surprising her with planning a visit from Andrea and Michael Clauss from good ole' NH. They came up Friday and surprised Amanda at my softball game. She was freaked! They stayed on Friday night, and then on Saturday we went to Camden for a little day trip to the coast. We had lunch at "The Waterfront," which used to be good but now sucks, and then we did a quick walk around before heading back, as Andrea and Michael needed to be back in NH by Sunday afternoon/early evening.

For Amanda's "birthday dinner," she requested sausage, pepper, and onion subs (a la Fenway) and some oven fries to go along with them. I was happy to oblige, and grilled up some sweet Italians, as well as some green pepper and onion jobbies from Josephs. I am definitely NOT a baker, so Amanda's cake came from Hannaford. Some may ask: Why didnt you get it at Hillman's? Fair question. Although they are an OTHERWORLDLY bakery, they get a C- for cakes for some reason. I think its because they only do white cakes--no "yellow" ones, which contain egg yolks. White cakes, although low in cholesterol, are pretty dry and flavorless. So now you know.

I turn the big 31 on Sunday...in fact it is my "Golden Birthday," as I turn 31 on the "31st." I have the last possible golden birthday, and, as I have mentioned several times, I am celebrating by competing in my first ever triathlon, to be taking place in Bath, Maine. Very nervous, but very excited. I am most excited that CS and Sally will be there to cheer me on. That means the world to me.

3 comments:

Ortiz said...

Callum is so funny with the orange in his mouth, he makes me laugh. Happy birthday, and good luck on the race.

sally piles said...

Thank you for a GREAT birthday, Jared! I loved having my friends Andrea and Michael up -- you are the best to set up that surprise for me! And dinner on Saturday with Melathan was really great. You are a wonderful husband and father -- and I love you so much!

Unknown said...

I was about to ask about Hillmans, thanks.