Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Wednesdays With Callum #4

Hi everyone. Amanda here.

Callum started his day by picking out some music from our CD collection. One great thing about Callum (one of the MANY great things...) is that he can entertain himself. This makes working from home very easy.

Anyway, we have noticed that Callum absolutely loves books and music. After he picked out a CD (or five or ten) he proceeded to go to the bookshelf and pull out some of our books.

Okay, is this Callum or Uncle Jonathan? I just can't tell...

Ta da! You can just about see his little top left hand tooth here. I am trying desperately to get a picture of that top tooth but it's proving hard to come by.

Time to eat lunch! Callum is a good eater. So far we haven't found anything that he doesn't like. He even eats brussel sprouts, which is what he had this afternoon, mixed with some chicken.


"Just try to get that spoon in my mouth, Mama!"

After his afternoon nap it was time to do some work on his tool bench. This thing does everything - lights up, counts, sings songs, plays funny noises, says 'Hello there!' -- you name it. The funny thing is, it plays this one song that neither Jared nor I can figure out how to make it play. So far only Callum has been able to make it play. Jared and I have tried everything and it's just not happening. I guess Callum is just smart like that. He knows his toys.

When Daddy got home from school, and I finished my work day, we decided to bring Callum out for a little while. Our rhododendrons are blooming right now and they are beautiful... I also love the little stone walkway that Jared put in two years ago. It makes me feel like I'm in an English country garden. But really I'm in a tiny yard in-town Fairfield, Maine. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else, though.

Callum's first trip to the Lawrence Library! He loved crawling around the kids' section and looking at the big mural they have there of different storybook characters. Curious George is even represented which really made Callum happy. We tried to get Callum his library card but apparently you have to be in kindergarten. Obviously these people don't know how much Callum loves books!

We ended the day by dancing in the kitchen while waiting for our broccoli and cheese stromboli to be done in the oven. Daddy played DJ and we took turns dancing with Callum. I love seeing this kid smile, and nothing makes him smile more than listening to music and dancing. Oh, and his books.

5 comments:

nannie said...

YAHOO, Photos of Mr. Callum, thats what I like to see on this blog.

THat photo sure does look like his uncle Jonathan.

Callum is changing so much, becoming such a little boy now getting so big.

Almost 1 year old. WOW!!!

Can't wait to see that tooth....

Anonymous said...

haha, yes he does look like YooJay!! I actually have a picture of Jonathan where he is making that exact face! haha I love your "Wednesdays with Callum" blogs or really any blogs with Callum in them, period.

ortiz said...

Love your Weds. withCallum. Love to look at pictures of him, he is always so happy. Can't wait to see him.

Belle said...

I love your Wednesdays with Callum! I can't believe how big Callum is getting. I hope I get to see him soon! Wish we could make it up for his Baptism, I hate missing such an important event in his life.

Love to all of you and I miss you guys!

Michelle Garner said...

This was a great blog, Amanda - your pictures of Callum are beautiful! He's really growing up to be such a handsome little boy! :)