Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Stuff and stuff...


Here is Callum with his "Great" Auntie Patty....my mom's sister. Aunt Patty and her husband Bob headed up to spend a week in Jackman (God's country) last week, and they stopped by to see us in Fairfield. Jackman is one of those "ya cant get theah from heah" kind of towns, and they had to pass through our little neck of the woods in order to get there. We were so happy to see them and their visit even coincided with Papa and Grammy Goldsmith's visit. They stopped at "The Chocolate Moose" on the way up (it is a famous general store) and they brought Callum a cool "kissing" moose. He loves it!

As if I wasnt already busy enough training for triathlons and bike races across the great state of Maine, splitting four cord of wood, putting in a front patio, and trying to be a good daddy, I've also taken on the role of "summer softball league player." My friends Glenn and Seth (they are brothers) from church are cousins with the woman sponsoring our team: SP4D (it stands for STAGE PRESENCE FOR DANCERS). 93.4% of all the female students at WHS dance for this studio. Basically, our team is amazing and I am having a great time! I have been playing 3rd base and right field. Here I am making some offensive contributions. I am number 9, and that is the number assigned to me. I would in NO WAY profess to wear the number of the great "kid."


Wow...look at those calves!!!


I am blessed to have a wife and a little boy who love baseball (and softball) and love to watch their daddy and husband play! Usually we take two cars to the games, which start at about 6:30, and then Callum and Amanda go home so the little man can go to bed. Its a good system.The games are twice a week and they go until mid August.

Callum brought his hammer so he could fix our defensive troubles. But it didnt work.


I love this picture of Amanda and Callum!

Well here we are, near the end of May, and things are as busy as they always are this time of year....school is winding down, projects are starting, summer plans are in the works, etc. I can't believe my seniors graduate in exactly one week! I am blessed to have been asked to write and perform a song again...this will be the fifth year in a row I have done so. So I guess I need to get writing! More to come on that--and Amanda's 30th birthday--tomorrow

7 comments:

Ortiz said...

I thought that was Kevin Youk at the plate!!!!!

sally piles said...

Callum and I love going to your softball games! I think Callum really wants to play because I always have a hard time keeping him from crawling into the dugout.

CC said...

Glad to see new pics of Callum. He is cute as ever.

chelsea m said...

im pretty sure u forgot my birthday

Anonymous said...

glad to see you're back! maybe we'll be posting again soon too! haha, atleast you guys had a good excuse =) more than I can say for us.....

Michelle Garner said...

Beautiful pictures of the fam...maybe the Garners can join in the fun and come to a game!

John said...

finally a pic of Callum with a Red Sox hat!