Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Almost done.....

With school, that is! This year really did fly by, and I am really looking forward to the summer....quite simply because we really dont have anything "big" planned. And, sometimes, the "least-planned-in-advance" things work out to be the best. My seniors are all gone, but I still have four kids in my public speaking class, and I still have my one freshmen class. With the "extra" time I have, I keep busy by doing some professional development stuff, working on syllabi because that is what the Dept of Education is having us do this week, keeping my 9th graders interested in OLD MAN AND THE SEA, and bothering Mike Thurston. Next Monday is the last day of classes, and then we have four days of finals. My last day will be next Thursday, as I got special permission to miss Friday due to to the fact that the Trek Across Maine starts that day (still looking for last minute donations....let me know!)

I realized I hadnt posted any pictures from the surprise party Amanda threw for me....I was definitely shocked. I didnt think I had that many friends....haha. Uncle Jonathan brought me out to the bike shop and then for a beer while Amanda got things ready, and I returned to see a house full of friends, family, and little people.

Also, we had Taquitos.

Here are some funny pictures:



Little Liam, Callum's "daycare buddy" was very interested in Grammy Lynne....he was nodding off on her lap. Liam really likes Callum, and calls him "Ba-Ba" for some reason.
Here, Ciara looks like she usually looks when I walk in on her in the shower. Just kidding. The guy with the mind-numbing shirt on is Jesse, and the little cherub perusing the Taquitos is none other than Jackson....one of my youngest music fans! And then we have Aiden hanging out on the bench....
This photo needs a caption...maybe something about how Tony is explaining to Eric the unimportance of self grooming (wah wah wah). Meanwhile, Jane prepares some Czech Jednahupki for my party...haha
And here I am, walking in the door of my surprise party....Amanda, you totally got me and you are totally awesome. It was the best party ever. Thank you and I love you!

Tomorrow is a "Wednesdays with Callum" sort of day...so look out for that! Tonight Callum had his friend Sara babysit for him (Sara is one of my students) while Amanda and I went to a mid-week bible study at Pastor Paul's house. We'll have to do a "church blog" soon to let everyone know what is going on in our lives at the "Church of the Resurrection."

4 comments:

Sally Piles said...

I'm glad you were surprised, Jared! It was fun to throw you a party... But I have to say, it wasn't easy! You are stubborn and it was all I could do to get you out of the house on Saturday afternoon!

Kristin said...

where was the pickle dip?

amanda said...

that's what I forgot!

We will have pickle dip at Callum's party though... he requested it.

jaja said...

seriously....callum likes pickle dip....and he LOVES plain yellow mustard. weird. maybe we should just have a big bowl of mustard for him...