Thursday, September 12, 2013

Heading to NH....

for our yearly trip with my family to North Conway, Santa's Village, and more....

We will leave tomorrow afternoon to head up to the house we are renting in NH....the kids have been so excited and talking about it for weeks. Callum, usually petrified and disinterested in all-things-phone, has even been initiating phone conversations, calling his cousin Jaquesyn to discuss Santa's Village rides, etc....

The XC season is in full swing (or stride...if you like puns) and I regretfully have to miss tomorrow's meet against Waterville. A tough season for me thus far for many reasons: losing a lot of great seniors, STILL not being in the shape I desire (believe it or not, still very limited by shoulder stuff with my stride, upper body work, etc), and dealing with the heat. A very uncharacteristic past couple of days in Maine--humidity like I havent seen in a long time! Temps near 100. Yesterday, the hottest day, was supposed to be a 45 minute run...but I stopped the kids after about 27 minutes because "I" couldnt even breathe...

Took my CPR re-certification last night, so if anyone is passed out, hit me up!

Not much else new really.....transitioning my intern student teacher this year into my classes. She has already taken over the freshmen class. This year I have more students than I have ever had in my whole teaching career. I know I have mentioned this before. Very very tough year.

More to come on the NH trip....

Came across these two pictures.....

Vicki (Vicki and Dave own the Seawall Motel) and I donning our Prairie Home Companion hats. They were at the same show this summer they were at, and we have the same cap. Fun. Yeah.


....and then these two goofballs couldnt be outdone....


No comments: