Thursday, September 5, 2013

Jordan Pond House




I had this as my FB profile picture...but someday FB will be gone and the blog will be all that remains...haha...but Callum looks like Mister Grainger from AreYouBeingServed....



Before we left to go home last weekend, we took a trip DEEP into the Acadia National Park to go to the Jordan Pond House. The JPH is a very unique spot right on, as the name suggests, Jordan Pond, overlooking the Bubble Mountains. It is a very European/Austrian-German kind of a feel kind of place, as most of the seating is outside...I dont know why it feels that way...it just has that kind of vibe.

I have written about the House before I am sure, and one of the main features (and they are world famous for this) is their afternoon 'tea and popovers.' One of my wishes is for, someday, my parents to visit Acadia National Park so they can see how majestic the place is; I think my mom and dad would both really like the Jordan Pond Experience

I like this picture for some reason. #mysteriousJard. What I am looking at I have no idea. There were no hot chicks there, that's for sure....haha.


This is what the seating looks like:


It is this expansive lawn with wooden benches and tables, and it is ALWAYS packed there. In fact, when we went, all three of the parking lots were full. We had to park roughly a half a mile away from the JPH. There is SOME seating inside, but most opt to eat outdoors with the beautiful view. We had a nice lunch, and Amanda got some amazing chowder. The popovers REALLY ARE amazing. I hope Amanda makes some soon (hint hint) as she has a popover pan from there.......


There is the outdoor dining area and then a grassy field and then a beautiful blueberry barren/meadow leading right down to the water. A wonderful place to sit and read or play wiffle ball or knit or do whatever....especially just lie down with your sister/brother and daydream....


Perfect....



I've always loved this tree. Out in the front of the JPH, there is a a patio with a pergola; this tree is amazing and grows up and around the pergola, making a unique and beautiful (and amazing, frankly) canopy. No idea what kind of tree it is. But I like they.

No comments: