Thursday, September 26, 2013

I dont know


What to title this post. Moving right along though September, which is FINE with me. Sept. is most definitely the worst month to be a teacher. Hot. Returning to school. Hot. Getting things started. No days off (Labor Day is in Aug). Hot classroom. Did I mention this? Sorry. My dad doesnt like when I complain.

At The Apple Farm in Fairfield, they have these wooden cut-outs you can buy of holiday 'characters' if you will. Callum and Maira wanted to use some of their own money to buy some Halloween decorations because, according to them, we dont have any good Halloween decorations. Art continues to be a driving force in the lives of these two kids. And they are both very good at it. I dont know from where they get it--actually, it must be Amanda. She wont admit it, but she can draw very well!



One great part of this fall has been Lin and Gorge 'living' with us during part of the weeks. They get Callum from school/Maira from daycare on Thursdays, and they usually end up staying on through the rest of the weekend while their house is being renovated. I will try to post some pictures sometime, but their old cape in Mt Vernon (built in 1793) has been getting a complete makeover. We love whenever we have any family visiting and making our house 'their' house, and having Lin and Gorge has been wonderful. Basically, Lin and Amanda just give George lists of things to go out and buy (Hannaford groceries...facial creams....DQ blizzards three nights in a row...etc). Below is a typical scene of my life lately:



Hey....at least football is on, right? And somehow the Patriots are 3-0 even though  Brady's receiving corp looks like the bar scene from Star Wars.......

But the #oldwillards set up shop in the basement, and they have the whole downstairs to themselves. Very quiet and comfortable accommodations I do say. And at night we get to watch British Comedy DVDs and, once, a slew of Workaholics, which was probably the most uncomfortable hour I have ever spent with my in-laws.

Maybe my dad or my mom will come live with us sometime (?)

And, a big thanks goes out to Emily and Hannah who let Callum and Maira borrow their DVD of Cinderella so that they could watch it while I watched the Pats.....both kids were entranced by it:



And now Maira does two new things: 1) She carries her wand around like the fairy godmother and turns you into things like horses and mice and stuff 2) She walks around on her tippy-toes (she does this to pretend she is wearing the high heeled glass slippers). This makes sense, right, since, because the glass was clear, it looked like Cinderelly was walking on her tip toes....

Tomorrow is our tenth anniversary!! See ya

No comments: