Monday, July 16, 2007

Back To Work



A busy Monday as Amanda and I were both back to "work," so to speak; Amanda went to real work, and I started in on some work to be done around the house. After a 7:30 chiropractor appointment (an old college rugby injury comes back to haunt me now and again), it was home where I basically tore off aluminum flashing from doors before lunch, and installed insulation inside the new room until Amanda got home. The insulation was a huge pain in the butt, since a lot of the studs were not the standard 16 inches apart, so just about every piece had to be custom cut. And that stuff makes you itch. We are trying to get the final prep work done, since Karl and I will begin sheet rocking on Wednesday--it shouldn't take too long. While I worked, I listened to a really great program on NPR where they broadcasted a pre-recorded speech and Q&A President Clinton delivered last week at the Big Ideas Festival in Aspen. We truly were spoiled to have him as our president, and I think I forget that sometimes. For one, he isn't the antichrist, nor does he have some huge insecurity issue thing to prove to his father. But two, he simply is a fantastic speaker--very lucid, articulate, and accessible. I won't bore you (or myself) with the details, but suffice to say I wish he could be president again. Both Amanda and I are looking forward to our trip to the Kranthony's this weekend, down in Ledyard CT; its only Monday, but we're looking toward the weekend. The two pictures included today are the outside of the finished breezeway (w/0 doorknobs cuz I'm stupid), a shot of the inside, taken from just inside the garage . . .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I voted for Bill twice, and would vote for him again in a heartbeat. I got to meet with him 2 times...He is without question the brightest president of my life so far. I kinda wish he wasn't such a skank.

Anonymous said...

If you were listening to NPR, that must mean that the Mandy Moore featuring Michael Bolton CD I burned you is all scratched. I will send another one to you stat.

Anonymous said...

Looking good, WINK WINK!!!

lots of work!!!!

Annie

Anonymous said...

next monday's blog is gonna be so great!!!!! I like your new room, thomas must love it. You should leave him home this weekend to explore it.....j/k