Sunday, July 8, 2007

Busy, Bustling Saturday!





A very busy day today, starting at 8 this morning, when Rod and Derrick came to finish off the breezeway. Not sure what we will call it now (mudroom, breezeway, porch, Mulva?) Amanda and I were off at about 9:30 to Echo Lake in Fayette for Emily and Duncan's wedding. Steve and Roberta (Em's mom and step father) have an unbelievable place on the point of Echo Lake. It is one of the nicer pieces of waterfront property I have ever seen, in fact. Amanda was able to reconnect with some of her old Maranacrook (no I didnt spell it wrong) friends, and I was able to drink PBR from a can. Everyone got what they wanted.


Jon and Mel came over tonight for a bit to have pizza and take Thomas with them--Thomas is going for a bye-bye trip with his Uncle Jon and Aunt Melsie while Amanda and I get ready to leave tomorrow morning for Cobscook Bay State Park, which is just shy of East Japeepie and just south of East Bum. But really, it is the easternmost point of the United States--up by Lubec (where the sun first hits the US each day) and Campobello Island (where Roosevelt had a camp. We'll be back Friday, so, for this week, we'll be doing "The best of Goldsmith" on our blog--kind of like Howard Stern does when he goes away.


Will write more on Friday. Have a great week everyone

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Next time Amanda and you go away on a little vaca, you should hand the blog over to a different friend every day to write a funny blurb about one of you, or each of you for that matter. Actually, you might not want to do that.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, let me blog for yous.

"Today Rod came by for a Cuttysark, ginger and Limejuice. How delightful! Do you think the Summerpeepers will blossom come August. Amanda thinks not, I think so. What a conundrum! Hahaha. I do consider this the most whimsical jig of the season."

Anonymous said...

Uncle JaJa, Why didn't Thomas P come to cousin camp??

Anonymous said...

WE MISS THE BLOG!!!

ANNIE

Anonymous said...

Jared, it looks like you and Amanda are living the life you always yammered on about after reading your poetry books. Congrats! You should be proud, this is my first-ever web-based conversation. You, again, are my first. Write back to me you punk, I sent you an e-mail.
P.S. Yes, this is THE jr.