Wednesday, November 21, 2007

"A Biggatomatosaussa"





That's what we had for dinner last night at Talltrees. And some wine.


Lynne and Aunt June made a delicious homemade tomato sauce with homemade meatballs (June said there were 60 meatballs, but I think that was the Merlot talking . . .haha)


It was delicious, and it was the last time we'll see the Zoo until probably April, when Donna and Keith have their baby. We spent the evening eating delicious food, looking for Stevee Cee's hat, drinking delectable red wine (but not Amanda), and trying to keep Grandpop from kicking everyone out of his house! I got to provide, yet again, a human jungle gym experience for Emma, who, beautifully enough, is in the phase of her childhood development where she focuses most of her attention on two things--playing the "repeat" game where she just repeats everything you say, and trying to work the words "poopie" or "butt" into just about every syntactical sentence she utters. Actually, I'm like that now . . . .


Today is a "getting ready" day, and Sally and I are mostly packed for our yearly trip to the Kranchelsony's in Ledyard CT. A sucky 4 hour ride, but worth it once we are there. I am off today, and I am leaving in a minute to go meet my friend Eric for breakfast at Bee's Diner--a Winslow landmark! After that, I'll begin making my colonial Thanksgiving "onion casserole to bring down. Sally has all the makings for her pumpkin pie all ready to go too--she'll do that in CT. Thomas is pretty much all packed, except for all his toys. Since is is 78 years old now (in cat years) we are trying to usher in more responsibility on his part--he cant rely on Daddy to pack everything for him anymore . . .


Our next blog will be down in CT . . .the Goldsmith's go on location!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

about food again??????

Lauren & Brian said...

Hmmm...is there something that maybe we should all know about Amanda? I noticed that you made it a point to say in parenthesis that Amanda was not drinking....and shes been vomiting a lot? Maybe Im reading too much into it? Maybe I'm just hoping? HA HA!

Anonymous said...

Get your butt down here and start peeling the potatos....