Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween Fallout



So I guess I really touched some nerves with my Halloween post--oh well.


This afternoon was pretty busy yet uneventful, as Sally and I are getting ready for our weekend guests--Brian Kemish and his girlfriend Melissa. Brian was one of my two roommates in college: we have been buddies since freshman year, and we lived together for four years after that. We love when Brian and Melissa visit . . .we have a good time and Amanda and Melissa get to see first hand just how ridiculously stupid we are. I think I definitely regress about 15 emotional years when I get together with Brian--or any of my buddies for that matter. There's just something about being with your guys that makes farts more interesting, beer tastier, and "thats what she said" funnier.


I got the cat box all changed, ran 3 miles, brought a ton of wood into the garage, hung up a shelf (I got to use my stud finder, and I love this because it has a laser and makes beeping noise and I feel like I am a carpenter on the Millenium Falcon), ate a delicious dinner prepared by my wife (her famous chicken pasta bake!) and watched an episode of "All Creatures Great and Small" with Amanda and Thomas. A wonderful evening, and I look forward to the weekend!

6 comments:

Belle said...

Hope you have a wonderful visit with your friends!

You have to post Panda's recipe for the chicken pasta bake because it sounds delicious.

Anonymous said...

Tell Kemmish I said "Oh [explitive}...Oh Wow!"

There was no wood on the Millenium Falcon! You dumb Jabberwalky!

Anonymous said...

Remeber when I made Brian and all your friends fleece mittens?

Anonymous said...

I remember when Kristen made ME fleece mittens... they were super cute. Say hi to Special K.

knitnzu said...

Poor Amanda! Isn't the 'stud finder' hers?? (snicker snicker!!!)

Anonymous said...

Have fun this weekend, Jared and Amanda...see you for the game on Sunday! (...and I'll be bringing a batch of my pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, Amanda!)