Monday, November 12, 2007

Happy Veterans Day



We spent some time with our favorite "veteran" yesterday after church, when we went out to breakfast with Seaman Walters and his bride Edna. Bucky Walters served as a torpedo fireman in the Navy during WWII, and he is very active in sub veterans groups today. Last year, he was inducted into the very prestigious Holland Club--for 50 years service in submarines. Grandpop and I, always health conscious, tried the sausage gravy with biscuits--always a favorite at Bond Brook Diner. After that, Sally and I went to spend our 20 dollar gift certificate at Barnes and Noble by purchasing season 4 of KING OF THE HILL--one of our all time favorite shows.


Today, Monday, was a lazy day, where we relaxed on the couch and watched some episodes of All Creatures Great and Small. We went over to Jo-Ann fabrics and Amanda purchased some material to make two very special Christmas stockings for us. I got to pick out my own fabric because I'm a big boy. Now, its about 630, and I'm headed to the pool--my "cold/darker weather" mode of working out--it takes some of the edge off of chilly black streets (I'm referring to the time of day . . .not the fact that the streets are in Roxbury). I love swimming, and hope to convince Amanda to join me--she used to be quite the swimmer on the swim team when she lived in Tempe Chase, which is right near Cinnaminson . . . .almost near Nikitas, even.


A good four day weekend for sure! This week, although a four day week, will be busy nonetheless---parent conferences tomorrow and Wednesday night. We leave for CT a week from Wednesday, and the Zoo comes up this Saturday.


P.S.--Michelle. Emma. Lynne. June. There.

3 comments:

Belle said...

Thanks for the shout out Jared!

Glad to see we're not forgotten!

Anonymous said...

That a boy Jared, now that's what I am talking about. Nice piece about G-pop and G-mom. See you soon!

Anonymous said...

Cha Cha said that she is glad that you recognize and celebrate Veterans Day, however, no matter what the date is it always seems to revolve around FOOD as usual.