Sunday, March 8, 2009

Humane Society, Hallowell, and Craft Day

Hi. Amanda here.

On Saturday, after Callum woke up from his nap, we decided to take a ride over to the Waterville Humane Society to look at cats. Ever since we lost Thomas we have been talking about getting another cat but I think we've both been a little hesitant. Thomas was such an amazing animal that we fear no other cat could compare. On the other hand, our house just feels so empty without a cat that we knew we needed to adopt another one. Finally, this weekend, we decided to see who was out there looking for a home. And we found Sandler. Sandler is a 3 year old male, black and white, and he is a big puppa cat with a big round face. He immediately came up to us, sat on Jared's lap, rubbed against Callum's feet, and seemed very happy to be with us. He didn't purr, but maybe that will come in time. Callum even pulled his whiskers and fur a couple of times and Sandler didn't seem to mind in the least. We are going to pick him up on Tuesday, I think, so stay tuned for pictures of the newest member of our family...

Okay, I just have to say that Callum is looking more and more like a little boy everyday. Just look at him here! We were getting ready to go to the shelter and he is very excited to see all the kitties.


He wanted to wear his Phillies hat, just like his Daddy. I love my boys!


After the humane society we drove into Hallowell. We were going to meet my parents, Jonathan and Mel, and Grandpop at the Lucky Garden for dinner. We had a little time before we were to meet them so we decided to walk around Hallowell for a little bit. We bought CS a really neat clock for his room, I found a new scrapbook store, and Daddy had us pose in front of the 'Goldsmith' sign for a picture.

We then had dinner with the family and it was really great to see P-Pop after his trip to Florida and New Jersey. Welcome home, P-Pop!


For a while now I've been wanting to do a monthly craft afternoon. I have so many crafts that I want to do and I never find the time to do them. I thought it would be fun to get some friends together once a month specifically to chat and work on our projects. The group today was Michelle, Mel, and myself. We planted ourselves in my 'crap room', as Jared calls it, and got to work. Callum also joined us for a little while. He worked on pulling his fish out of the fishbowl and then putting them back in. Michelle and Mel worked on their scrapbooks and I did some knitting. Hopefully next month we'll have a few more people join us...

Jared was at our beck and call, getting us drinks and snacks, and making a really great pasta fagioli soup with sausage (I don't know if I got the spelling right). I love you, Jared -- thanks for letting me relax with my friends and for being our slave for the afternoon!

9 comments:

Michelle Garner said...

Amanda - I had a great time with you and Mel this afternoon. It was so nice to just be able to get together and chat...no stress but loads of fun! I can hardly wait to do this again at the end of the month, and I'd love some help with my baby book. Jared - thank YOU for being our slave for the afternoon, getting us snacks and water whenever we needed. The soup you made was absolutely fantastic...you and Amanda are two of the most generous and sweetest friends we have! PJ Night this weekend?

Michelle Garner said...

P.S. I LOVE the new pictures of Callum and of Callum and Jared - you should get those framed, Amanda!

Anonymous said...

can't wait to meet your new cat. I already printed a picture of Callum with his baseball cap, it's on the wall in the frame. He is sooo cute, he looks like a big boy.

Anonymous said...

Sorry no cats at Nannie Camp.

Love the baseball photo of Callum with the smile, he is getting so big.

Anonymous said...

Callum looks so cute and he is getting so big. Congrats on the new cat.

Anonymous said...

You guys could have adopted Tigger!

Can't wait to see pictures of your newest addition.

I have to say yes Callum looks like Jared, but he also looks more and more like his Uncle Jon the older he gets.

Wonderful idea Amanda having a craft day. I need to start scrapbooking. I have hundreds and hundreds of pictures of Emma I need to scrapbook.

Love to all of you!

Anonymous said...

I had fun yesterday, thanks for having us over for craft day, Amanda! Jon and I enjoyed the soup too!

Michelle Garner said...

Congrats on getting your cat tomorrow! We can hardly wait to meet him on Saturday night! :)

Anonymous said...

I just can't get enough of the pictures of Callum, he is so adorable! I'm glad you decided to adopt a cat. Can't wait for those pictures. Kisses to all of you.