Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Welcome Home Siegfried!




This is the newest addition to the Goldsmith clan--Siegfried Goldsmith. This past Saturday, Amanda, Callum, and I went to the Waterville Humane Society to look at cats. We have been mourning our dear Thomas since October, and finally realized this house was somehow empty without a pet. The criteria: He had to like Callum. And like Callum he does! We sat down on the bench in one of the cat rooms, and up hops this little guy (previously called Sandler) onto the bench. Immediately, he starts rubbing against Callum and me, and he had no problem with Callum petting him....even when Callum "grabbed" his fur and then his whiskers, Siegfried didnt mind a bit.




Siegfried, obviously, looks a lot different than our dear Thomas. I guess that was done on purpose. He is very soft, and has a huge head! He is a three year old boy, and he was a stray found in Winslow and brought to the shelter. He has been at the shelter since January 16....so he was ready for a nice warm home.




He's a little sore today because yesterday they implanted a microchip between his shoulder blades. But other than that, he's a happy guy. He's EXTREMELY mellow....I have only heard him meow one time. He has a VERY dull, slow purr. And he's just making his way around the house, sniffing here and there, finding comfortable places, and eating a ton of food. He's a bit skiddish right now, but at least he isnt hiding on us. He has kind of a funky smell going on, but that is from the shelter....living in a stressful situation with like 30 other cats can do that I guess.




All in all, we're happy to have him home...he'll be a wonderful addition to the family, and he cant wait to meet everyone. On a sidenote, its hard having another cat, since we were so attached to Thomas P., and, I anyway, find myself comparing Siegfried to Thomas (Thomas never laid on the recliner....Thomas had such a louder purr....etc.). I need to stop that. They are both very different and wonderful little guys....all in their own way.




More pictures to come...Callum is already asleep, so he was unavailable for photos this evening...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is a beautiful boy, congrats. I wish you all the best. He now has a wonderful home with a very loving family. Can't wait to see more pictures of Siegfried and Callum together!

Anonymous said...

I love him! He is a handsome fella, I think you got another charmer, for him to not hide,eat right away, and to sit on the recliner, he is making himself right at home. Can't wait to meet him, I love cats. Can't wait for pictures with him and CS.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, one more thing, you have to add his name to your blog home page.

Anonymous said...

What a handsome cat! He reminds me of my cat Tuxedo, I loved that guy. Best of luck with your new addition. He now has a wonderful home!

Anonymous said...

aww, he's such a pretty cat!