Sunday, March 16, 2014

Art Attack

The kids continue to be in their huge 'art phase' and I am sure that, perhaps, the only person more excited about this than me has to be Lydia! Haha. The kids watch the show on youtube (it is a BBC show jay, tib, and deadguy) called 'art attack' and this guy just does tutorials on how to draw and design different things. Callum somehow stumbled upon it, and he and Maira love it, watching it each day while I cook dinner and we wait for Amanda to get home from work. 

Below, the three 'kids' work on their art. Maira is drawing a 'map,' Callum is working on a whale, and Sally is coloring in something...I cant remember what. I would tell my mom to notice that Maira has a snack bowl filled with broccoli, and she takes after her Auntie KK.....but my mom doesnt read this blog....



The dining room table is kept in a state of perpetual 'artness' and I cannot remember the last time that art box (markers, crayons, pens, etc) was not stacked on pile upon pile of paper. I love every minute of it...our dining room constantly looks like the drawing room for a syndicated cartoon or something....haha

Below, Callum and Maira, per tradition, check out some Art Attack (and sometimes they watch a show called MISTER MAKER too!) on the ipod touch....they always sit in their 'art recliner' to watch these 'sodes....



More art....Callum wanted to make a Boston Bruins logo to mail to Papa...but then he liked it so much that he taped it to the headboard of his bed. He also made a Burger King logo (go figure), cut it out, and taped that to his bed too. Callum--whether the grandparents believe it or not (probably not cuz 'I' am saying it)--is constantly making pictures to send to Nannie and Papa...and to give to the Geographics...but he never does, because he is a TOTAL perfectionist, and he always finds fault with what he does, and only wants to send things out if they are perfect....


Switching gears: Many of my students were on spring break over the last couple of weeks....and I got to see a bunch of them (and I didnt get to see some that I wanted to). Last Friday, after the winter carnival assembly, I had three ALL STARS stop by for a chat. Moments like these truly make teaching the best job in the universe. One such student was Sydney, who is a sophomore at the best college in New England (UNH of course) and is an RA. I thought it would be appropriate if we got our pic taken in front of the 'cut out' from her graduation two years ago....haha

A selfie times four: Me, Sydney, Christine (who often babysits, and did this past Saturday) and Nick Shuckrow, a devastatingly fast runner who hold the Winslow XC course record and is KILLING IT on the NCAA circuit at St Joseph's.

Have a nyss da.

1 comment:

Billy Bob said...

Great Stuff!