Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Almost Done With February

Its hard to believe that we are just about into March! This time of year is definitely when teachers "earn their money" so to speak--no vacations or days off or holidays . . .chances of snow days wind down (plus you dont want anymore since that means a later schoolyear) and kids really start to get sick of school. Its the educational perfect storm. Oh well. I am sure all of you who have "regular jobs" feel so bad for me right? Ha ha . . .Well, at least in about three weeks I'll be heading off to D.C. with some seniors. It should be a great time!

Here are some "demotivational posters" I found on line today. I wish I made these, but I did not. I think they are hilarious.
Remember the old school Dunkin Dounuts signs? Before they got bigger than Wal Mart and started hiring wicked annoying Rachel Ray to say coffee was fantabulous and crap?
I used to be a stormtrooper, so I totally know where he is coming from . . . We had another huge storm last night, picking up about 10 inches of pretty wet and heavy snow. No snow day today . . .but we did have a one hour delay. I really dont like delays, and wish we'd either have school or not . . .but oh well. I did "cop out" and snowblow this morning instead of shovel . . .but the snow was REALLY heavy and I had to get to school.

Some of you know I am the faculty advisor for Student Senate at Winslow High (student senate is like student council, etc.) and this week is our annual "winter carnival" where classes compete against each other in "un-traditional" winter sports like pulp throw (shot put), egg toss, dogsled race (a strong guy pulls a small girl in a 5 dollar sled from Rite-Aid), tug of war, dodge ball, food eating relays, and more. I usually dont like winter carnival very much, but I have to admit I've been having fun this year. I will try to post some pictures tomorrow of the awesome snow forts each class is building for the "snow fort building contest." I have to run an assembly on Friday, for the culminating event of winter carnival . . .and I have to say I am dreading having to quiet down 600+ screaming adolescents . . .

Have a good day

No comments: