Monday, February 4, 2008

February Birthdays

Grandpop, Lynne, George, Keith, and Michelle all have birthdays in February. Soooo . . .to celebrate grandpop, Lynne, and George's birthdays (the rest live in NJ) we all went out to Mexican food at Cancun--upon our recommendation! Amanda and I met people there after our "baby appointment." Everything looks great with mumma-to-be AND Callum/Charlie. In fact, Amanda has gained seven pounds since last month--still, its not a lot, but as long as she is eating (which she is), there was no concern from the midwife. Also of note was today Bjarni (our midwife) measured Amanda's stomach for the first time--since now Amanda HAS a stomach. The heartrate was great at 150 bpm, although Bjarni thought Callum/Charlie was being "fresh" because he kept kicking her when she tried to measure the heartbeat. Fun.

Our second trip to Cancun was as fantastic as before. I tried "Carnitas" tonight, which is like Mexican pulled pork (subbing BBQ sauce for a wonderful Mexican spice rub). Below, we're all sitting at the table enjoying our drinks and our homemade chips and salsa . . . .

Grandpop, George, and Lynne all enjoyed kiddie-pool sized margaritas and sangrias. Below, you can see how Ensign Walters and George "truly suck."
The lady enjoyed a combo of a taco, a cheese enchilada, and a chicken enchilada. Sadly enough, she could not partake in the sangria festival with her mom. Oh well . . .in about a year or so mumma. I'll hold the baby while you "hit the sauce." A good meal at Cancun. But it wasnt the same eating nachos without Nacho . . .we missed you Mel.

Will we have our 5th snow day tomorrow? It looks like snow and sleet and ice . . .hopefully I didnt jinx myself. . ..

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yo, it looks like a good time was had by all, I wish I was there to help share in those Margarita's!
I miss you too Mel. Jared, I will check on you tomorrow!
Amanda, you look superb as usual.

Anonymous said...

I want to know who was driving?

Anonymous said...

i was driving . . . .remember, i am the one who drinks pitchers of water and all?

Anonymous said...

please tell me your not going to call amanda "mumma" now going forward

Belle said...

Looks like you all had a good time! It's weird not seeing Nacho in the picture :( I miss you too Nacho! Glad you all had a wonderful evening and Jared I'm happy for you that you didn't have to eat at Craparita's!

Anonymous said...

Jared you seem to be an expert on pulled PORK and also know a lot about Rubs. Happy Birthday to all!!!!

Anonymous said...

hello everyone! I miss you guys too!! I hope you all had a great meal though, my parents and I went to eat there on friday night and I thought it was very good! I had one of their margarita's too and they are fabulous! love and miss you all