Tuesday, May 6, 2008

4 weeks to go...

Hello. Amanda here.

This is pretty much what Thomas has been doing for the past 2 weeks. Well, this and just following me around the house like he's chained to my ankles or something. He has been either very sleepy (usually on my side of the bed) or very restless, and I wonder if he knows that something HUGE is about to happen to our little family of three - we're about to become four! He must know something is up. His room (the guest room) is full of shower gifts that haven't been sorted yet. Slowly I am making my way through them, but it's tough when you have to go to the bathroom every 5 minutes and you have a little bean that keeps driving his head into your pelvis. But I wouldn't have it any other way....


Here are some pictures of the "nesting" progress I've made lately. One that does not have a picture is me doing laundry at 5:00 am. I got up to go to the bathroom and I suddenly got the urge to do laundry, even though I still had an hour of sleep left before I had to get up for work. Weird....

We are all set to watch some TV with the Bean! This chair is the coolest thing. It is an infant seat that can recline, sit upright, be stationary or rock. And then it expands as he grows so that even a toddler can use it. Jared and I are all about the things that have multiple uses. I would just hate to have something that gets used for like 3 months and then sits in the garage collecting dust.


And here is the Bean's room so far. Jared has moved his keyboard up there so that he can play music for our little Bean. I put together the swing, which I'm hoping that he'll like. I've heard of a lot of babies recently who do not like the swing, so we'll see. His mattress is just waiting for the crib that Grandpop (or Pee Pop as the Bean will most likely call him) has so lovingly made. It's arriving on Thursday, so I'll be sure to take pictures of it. I saw the one he made for Keith and Donna and I must say that it is an absolutely beautiful piece of furniture. It will be so special to have it as a family heirloom to pass down.


Saturday morning Mom is going to help me put the room together and I am hoping that by Sunday Jared and I will feel mostly ready for the Bean's arrival. Well, as ready as we can be. I am counting down the days until I can finally meet this little person that I've been carrying around for 9 months....


17 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is not a person, this is a piece of furniture . . .

Anonymous said...

Amanda,I really enjoyed your blog tonight. This is such an exciting time for you and Jared. Isn't it fun going through all the baby things and just imagining him wearing the little things or sitting in his play things? I can remember just how excited I felt before you and Jonathan were born. You never forget that feeling. I can't wait to come over this weekend and help you get the room ready. The crib is going to look beautiful in there.

Belle said...

Hi Panda!
I can't believe only 4 weeks to go!!!! I can't wait to meet the bean this summer although I wish there was some way I could come up right after his birth. You've done a wonderful job with his room and I know he'll love his little rocking chair. Emma would still use hers if she wasn't so big. That was her favorite when she was an infant. She also wasn't really a fan of the swing but then again they are so different from just 5 yrs ago. Branden loves his.

This time is so exciting for all of you. Even though I'm far away I'm excited for you too! You'll both be wonderful parents with lots of love to give!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait for his arrival, you better pack your hospital bag cause I think he is going to make his grand entrance soon :-)

Chelsea says to tell Thomas that she can't wait to see him and that if he needs to talk she is there for him

Anonymous said...

aww, how exciting!! I can't wait to meet the bean either! You and your mom are going to have so much fun putting the room together! Hope you're feeling well and I'll talk to you soon! possibly this weekend?? =)

Belle said...

Hi Mel!

Anonymous said...

Eggrolls anyone?

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel!
I did get your message the other day. I'm sorry I haven't called you back. Maybe I will get a chance to tonight. I have my last orchestra rehearsal and it only goes until 8 rather than 9. Regardless, I'll see you (and your Mom!) on Sunday! I can't wait... Jared has already been looking at the Graziano's menu online, and I think I might do the same today!

Anonymous said...

Hi Mel & Kristin, and yes I'd love some egg rolls. Somehow I think we will have a lot in stock in August!
Jon, I am waiting for the information! Hi Jon Amanda, it looks like you are just about ready, but the real question is Is the Bean ready?????? Jared, please come and do my wash for me. Now I have a real job and I don't have time to do it. wah wah wah

Anonymous said...

The Goldsmith blog is becoming a conversation outlet for the willards and the New Jersey people, if you want to talk use the phone.

Anonymous said...

hello everyone!

Belle said...

Hi Mel!!!!!

Miley says: Hi amanda and hi jared! how are you guys doing and how is your baby doing? I'll see you soon when you come down. I can't wait to see you and I love and miss you!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ortiz;
How have you been?

Anonymous said...

hey guys... i have some news.
WE HAVE OURSELVES A BLOG!!!!!

the site is www.melathannews.blogspot.com

It is still in the works.

Check it out.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jon did you forget to e-mail me, I am still waiting. Love ya
Are you having fun yet Ortiz? I forgot to say hi to you too so here it is Hi Ortiz!

Anonymous said...

Hi the Willards,hi Aunt June, Hi belle, hi Mel, hi lovey dovey,hi M.i.l.,hi Auntie kk, hi dayrl, hi twon,hi panda, hi jared, hi tim, hi jj, DID I MISS ANYONE?

Anonymous said...

What about Jonny Volvo?