Monday, May 19, 2008

Has it been that long??


Wow. We haven't posted since last Wednesday? That's like a record. I think the reason is twofold--one reason being because we've been so busy lately getting things ready for the baby, planting, landscaping, and visiting friends and family. The second reason, and probably more significant, is that we still have Time Crapper for our internet provider, and its slower and more unreliable than an obese 6th grader running the mile for their gym teacher. We have canceled our Time Crapper service, and we'll be back to our good old Verizon (actually, Fairpoint) service shortly


This weekend was fantastic, and I think the best way to explain what we did would be to make a list


1. Enjoyed absolutely delicious steaks, vegetables, pickle dip, pumpkin cookies, and a million other things at the Lilac Cottage with Michelle, Chris, Lucy,, and Lily


2. Ran a great track workout on Saturday morning


3. Hosted the Pelottes (Mandy, Tony, Griffin, and Liam) for a mid day visit including Bismarcks from Hillmans, lots of laughter, and play with Griffin


4. Went with Jonathan to look at bikes at Mathieu's Cycle (and say Milan Babik there as well)


5. Enjoyed a couple of pints --along with some great conversation with the owner and bartender about microbrews in Maine--at "You Know Whose Pub" in Waterville


6. Met at Springpond for a "sort of" Pond Night (minus the snacks and Prairie Home Companion . . .haha) with the Melathans and the grandparents


7. Went on a bike ride yesterday morning on the backroads of Fairfield, Benton, and Winslow--Amanda rode 16 miles . . .amazing for a woman 9 months pregnant


8. Planted blueberry bushes that the baby got his mumma for mothers day last week (along with some Creeping Phlox and a neat Bleeding Heart plant)


9. Watched "All Creatures Great and Small"


All in all, a really great weekend. Congrats to my sister Kristin who did a 40 mile walk for Breast Cancer over the weekend. I hope you have fun peeling your blisters today!! Another busy week in the works--I'll be heading down to Portland on Thursday for a conference, and I'm looking forward to that. And on Saturday, its somebody's BIRTHDAY . . . .


I will try to be more diligent in my posting . . .

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Food references: List #'s 1 and 3.

No surprise.

Love you Ja.

Anonymous said...

i am going to eat you and all your sillyy little sweetbreads with the eggs in the middle, even

Anonymous said...

1. My birthday was last month..DUHHHH

2. What if amanda fell off, I would have been VERY upset.

3. My husband is the consultant for Fairpoint, if you had visited him last week in Portland I bet you would have gotten a BIG discount

4. Hi.

Anonymous said...

Steve Cee's birthday isn't saturday silly, it's on Tuesday

Anonymous said...

Panda,
Your making me nervous riding a bike. I can't believe the bean is almost here and making his appearance soon!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

sorry for making everyone nervous... I did have fun on my bike ride, but I don't think I'll be doing that again before the Bean arrives. I think I'll stick to walking.

Emma -- Jared and I will ride bikes with you when we come to visit!

Anonymous said...

Amanda, that's great that you could ride that much!!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you all came over the other night. It was fun and we did have some good laughs! Sorry again about not having many snacks but we'll do MUCH BETTER next time! I think it was so cool that you went for a bike ride but I'm very relieved that you didn't fall, Amanda. Jared, we think it's so exciting that you're getting a new bike. You and Jonathan will be able to go riding in a variety of places. Can't wait to see all the new plantings!