Friday, October 31, 2008

Callum's First Halloween!

Some pictures. More text and stories will follow tomorrow. It was a festive, crowded house, with Kristin, Anthony, Chelsea, Grammy, Grampy, GREAT-Grandpop, Jon, and Mel--all of whom came to see Callum in his little pumpkin consume. He looked adorable, as expected. But I think it was hot for him. And he was tired, as he stayed up 2 hours past his usual bedtime. He did some "trick or treating," stopping over at Bill's, Paul's, and Cindy's for "candy." As usual, we had well over two hundred kids--and that is just until we ran out of candy! Twon and I (accompanied by Jon, Mel, and Kris at the end) sat out at the end of the driveway and handed out candy and....um....enjoyed a wheat beverage or two. Some of the father's asked us how they could one of our "treats," and we told them they could have a beer....for seven dollars. Personally, I had a great time talking to kids, seeing costumes, laughing with parents, and giving 17 year old "Goth" kids a hard time. Basically, every time a kid over the age of 16 came looking for a handout, I told them how I loved their "Hannah Montana" costume. This really pissed some kids off. You know those emo-goths....they're pretty sensitive. But what are they doing trick or treating anyway? Oh well. All in good fun. Here is Callum playing with Auntie Kristin....Auntie KK bought Callum his first "cell phone." JEEZ!!! THANKS AUNTIE KK!!!! As usual with everything else, Callum tried putting this in his mouth.....

Here he is with his great-grandfather. Look at the little "beret." Its like he's a little artist or something......


A shot with Aunt Kristin and Uncle Anthony. Soon, they'll know how it feels, since they're having a boy too!!! Callum is going to have an "accomplice," with whom he will terrorize Papa Goldsmith, putting ice cubes down his shirt, inserting whoopie cushions under his chairs, etc.



A good "Maine family" shot. George looks floored as always. And I am wearing my "Newfoundland" hat. Lynne heard that Glen Beck was on the radio, so she is looking at that instead of the camera. haha


I thought this was a good shot of his costume. I love him SO MUCH!!


Poor Uncle Jon and Mel!!!! Callum waiting up to see them, but by the time they got there, he was DONE! I love this picture because there's so much expression. Callum looks miserable, Mel looks so sad about the whole situation, and Jonathan is trying to pretend everything is just fine. Hilarious!
And Happy Birthday Cindy! As usual, the Goldsmith/Greenlaw households were sort of "open," and we went over to hang out by the bonfire, eat snacks, and have laughs. A great night. And now the Favrys are here for the weekend to see their nephew. Great stuff.



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is so cute, he looks like a big marshmallow pumpkin. Have a good weekend.

Anonymous said...

ha that is a fabulous picture of us with Face. Poor thing, he was exhausted

Anonymous said...

Nannie says, she wishes she could of seen him too.

he looked so cute. remember when we thought that the outfit wouldn't fit him.....

Anonymous said...

What kind of a name is Callum? Sounds like a medicine for the runs. "When you can't control your crap, take CALLUM. It worked for me."

Anonymous said...

"Troy":

When you start messing with my son, you had better hope I never find out who you are, because if I do, I'll severely kick your ass.

Coward.

Anonymous said...

Troy,

I agree with Jared. I know he is not my son, but he is my nephew. I don't take kindly to people talking crap about someones name.

I too agree that i hope i never find out who you are.

Anonymous said...

Daddy, I want an I-Phone

Anonymous said...

Daddy, I want an I-Phone

Anonymous said...

YEah! People are always making fun of my name too!!

If anyone can tell me who Eustacia Vye is, you win a prize!

Anonymous said...

See people this is what ruins the blog. The blog is a nice way for family and friends to stay in touch and then some idiots like "Troy" and whatever that last name was have to go and ruin it.

And I third what Jon and Jared wrote. Callum is my cousin and you better not mess w/ him. If anything these last two years have taught me is NOT TO MESS W/ FAMILY! Especially the Willard/Walters/Dovey family b/c we all stick together!

By the way Callum you looked ADORABLE on Halloween! Yes Ortiz I wish I lived in Maine so I could have seen him. I haven't said that in a while :)

Michelle Garner said...

Jared, Amanda, and Callum...it was great to see you guys on Halloween, even if it was only for a short time. Poor Callum - he was so cute in his costume, but he definitely looked as though he had had enough when we arrived! :)

Amanda - we made your Swedish apple pie last night, and it was delicious! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Callum is such a cute pumpkin. Don't even let Try=oy get to you. people like that have no life and just like to get a rize out of others. they are not worth the time or energy.