Monday, October 13, 2008

Callum's Meet and Greet

Before I write anything, let me say this: I didnt end up taking that many pictures this weekend. I meant to, but it got so busy with everyone at my mom's, that I basically just forgot to take photos. In fact, these five are the only ones I took--and they're pretty random. Perhaps the Favry's took some pictures and will post them (?)

So we went to Mass this weekend where, at the "condo clubhouse," there was an open house type of thing so Callum's "extended family" could meet him. Its hard to believe that, aside from his grandparents and Aunt and Uncle, no one on my mom or dad's side had met the little guy yet. Saturday was actually a pretty rough day for Callum--first of all, he spent about 4.5 hours in his car seat, only to arrive at Nannie's house to have everyone want to hold him, love him, and kiss him. On one hand, its good for Callum to get used to seeing other people and have other people handle him, etc. But on the other hand, I think it was a little overwhelming for him! I mean, its a lot for him to travel like that. The ride back, last night, was nothing short of miserable, since we STILL hit traffic in Boston (at freakin 6:00 on a Sunday night!!!!) and Callum did nothing but scream for two hours. A busy weekend for him. But a great chance for him to meet his family. It didnt help him, of course, that I think he has caught whatever "bug" his Daddy has--both of us have felt miserable all weekend. But at least today he is napping a lot.

Here's one of the rare moments from Saturday when Callum wasnt crying. Uncle Anthony helps Callum chew on his frozen penguin.....


A few of my buddies came by to visit for a while--Jay and Jenn, Timmy, and Tore and Mi Hyun. Here is a picture of Amanda with Stephanie and Mi Hyun. An interesting sidenote: Mi Hyun had NEVER held a baby in her life--she explained how she has NO experience with them. Obviously, she was asking Amanda lots of questions (perhaps she and Tore are thinking kids?????). But she was consistently afraid to take Callum, since she didnt want to make him cry. However, she ended up being the only person all day to hold Callum--and not make him cry. Interesting.
And here he is with his "other twin," Papa Goldsmith. We also got to see Papa again yesterday, and a great lunch at George's Restaurant in Brockton--the "City of Champions."
My cousin Leah holding Callum. Leah used to babysit me when I was little, so it was so weird for her to be holding "my" baby. I think it made her feel old. But she shouldnt! Leah used to come over my mom's a lot when she was a kid, usually making my mom nauseous with the grape chewing gum she always had. As a result, I was never allowed to chew "grape" gum as a kid. So now I am ALL about rebellion.
And Callum and his Nannie. Yesterday morning, before we went to Papa's, Nannie, Callum, and PB played "foot rattles" on the living room floor. Callum loves his foot rattles! I'm glad he was happy yesterday, so at least Papa and Nannie got to see some of his great smiles before he left to go home to Maine. And now we are exhausted......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Auntie found a new game Callum likes, its called " i zerbet your hand" that made him smile.

I like how he wears his pants up to his chest...wonder where he gets that from.

We are looking forward to seeing Callum again in a few weeks!!!!

Anonymous said...

Nannie said, there were a total of 51 people there Saturday afternoon it was crazy, poor baby had more people in his face than his father can eat "spareribs'. it was a little overwhelming for him but he survived.

He did a lot of his famous "Pout" on Saturday, which everyone thought was adorable, everyone but Callum that is. Anyway, everyone loved seeing him and holding him, he got a lot of great gifts, (which were totally unexpected) and everyone had a great time, great food and great day...
************* :)

Hmmm I also think Nannie said to go up route 495 to go home, a little longer but no traffic, but hey what do i know, at least you all got home safely and hopefully had a good nites sleep.

I can't wait to see how much the little guy weighs at his four month check up this week.

Anonymous said...

He was such a good boy at George's. They loved seeing him after they hear me talk about him. But he told me confidentuly he really wanted to go to Maui's.

Unknown said...

I left Brockton to head into Boston at 6 pm on Sunday night as well, and was pretty surprised by that traffic jam. That one isn't typical.

Anonymous said...

it was great to finally get to see him in person even if it was only for a minute. that poor guy was so overwhelmed. I was olverwhelmed by the noise when I walked throught the door never mind a 4 month old but he is more handsome than his pictures. Thank you Amanda for the moment I got with him before he was done for good.