Tuesday, September 15, 2009

501st Post!!!!!

Wow! Can you believe it!? This is the 501st time I've sat down to write a blog about our life here in Maine. If this blog were a sitcom, reaching 501 would be absolutely awesome.....but for a blog it is pretty cool too! I wanted to include a few pictures from the Jordan Pond House, which is another small adventure from our camping trip a couple of weeks ago. It has been hard to keep up with everything lately....we've been busy, busy, busy. We've had something going on for the last four weekends, and this weekend will be no different as I will be performing at a friend's wedding on Saturday. After that, it will hopefully slow down a bit!

The Jordan Pond House--even though I (kind of) hate the actual "house" is probably my favorite part of Acadia National Park. Isnt that funny? I mean, it is tremendously overcrowded, overrated, and overpriced....but the "idea" of the whole thing, as well as the physical setting are beautifully stunning. There are lush fields, carriage road trailheads, and one of the most picturesque views in all the park. Callum loved it there. Do yourself a favor and not only look at the next three pictures like a "strip," but also blow them up so you can see Callum's facial expressions. He was running around like a mad man, laughing so hard it was making him fall down. People sitting at their tables up the hill were having a great time watching the kid....I took these three pictures one right after another.....



YEAY!!! NUMBER 24!!!
And this might be my new favorite family photo. Amanda, can you order one of these for me from snapfish? I want it for school. The lush field at the bottom of the outdoor dining area....in the immediate background is a carriage road, and the "back" background there is Jordan pond, with Bubble mountain looking over everyone and everything....



It doesnt get more touristy than "tea and popovers" at the JPH....but it was all good. It was definitely worth driving an hour for a cup of coffee and a roll (wah wah wah). No, like I said, the experience is very worthwhile. Me, Sally, George, Lynne on one side, and Mel, Jon, and Ensign on the other. Callum presides at the head of the table. See that picture of Ensign?? That is about the happiest he was all weekend (wah wah wah!!!). It was a beautiful end to a beautiful day.


Here's to 501 more posts........
What will Callum look like at post 1002??????



4 comments:

ortiz said...

Callum is so funny. That picture is great, Amanda can you get one for me also?

CC said...

I love seeing pics of Callum. He just makes you smile no matter what mood you are in. You can just here the laughter coming from him even in a still shot. What a handsome happy boy.

jared said...

Thanks Aunt Carol! Yes, he is SOOOO happy....even when he is tired, he rarely gets cranky or anything. Oh, and he says three new words as of yesterday: PLEASE, SHOE, and PUMPKIN.

But none of those words sound anything like what they are supposed to.....haha

sally piles said...

Great posts lately, Jared! I know I'm his mother, but I just love Callum so much. I am so glad that he's such a happy little guy... We have been really blessed, yes yes?