Sunday, September 13, 2009

Grandparent's Day '09

Apologies in advance for this being a short blog (or, for many, you are probably happy...haha). We just got in, it is late, we are tired....but we wanted to put a few pictures from this weekend down in Mass. It isnt often that the cousins get to see each other, so when they do it is a reason for celebration....and celebrate we did! Yesterday we took either a 20 minute, 30 minute, 35 minute, or 50 minute ride (inside joke) to meet Kris and Jackson somewhere in RI at Texas Roadhouse for lunch. I am so excited we are getting one in Disgusta, because I love that restaurant! Here's auntie with the two boys.....as you can see, Callum is quite the little "toy thief" from his "helpless" five month old cousin! What a bully! But that is okay...because Jackson is almost bigger than Callum already, and he'll be able to stand up for himself soon! Haha
Today at my mom's, there was a brunch, and in addition to the Goldsmith family, we had my dad and Barbara, Kris, Anthony, and Jackson, Joanne, my mom, and Bob. It was great getting everyone together, and the boys had a great time with their grandparents! Here, Callum and Jackson find themselves stuck in between two Goldsmith men!
Santa Claus practice.....
Callum has such a good memory, constantly saying "Puh-puh" and "Na-Na" to....well....Nana and Papa. Again, he is showing his toy theft skills, while poor Jackson looks in, in despair....


The food was awesome.....you knew I had to mention that. We had an egg bake, hash-brown casserole, TWO dozen bagels from Back Bay Bagel Co., an amazing beef tenderloin, pepperoni bread, cupcakes, and a million other things. Amanda and I thoroughly enjoyed ourselves with Jackson, and tried to get as much time as we could with him. I worked on two things today: Teaching him to sit up by himself, and tickling his neck with my kisses, in an attempt to make him laugh. I had success with both! Here's Auntie with Jackson.....




And here I am....one proud and happy father and uncle. Meanwhile, the kids could give two craps, as they are to into their toys.....




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great time to have my two little guys together, I might be thier nannie and proud of it, but i just love them so much, and they are cute, and funny....

It was good to have my kids together with thier kids. Nice day had by all and enjoyed my time with everyone...

I think every Sunday should be grandparents Sunday so I get to see my kiddies.

Thanks Callum & Jackson for a great day with Nannie...

They are just growing up soooooooo FAST!!!

Nannie said...

Oops, Nannie forgot to put her name on her response below..

But I have a feeling people knew it was me...

cc said...

Grdeat pics. It's nice to see the cousins together.

Ortiz said...

We had a great time. I love being with the kids, they are both adorable and so smart.I cannot imagine live without children and grandchildren. The food was great, thanks Anne and Bob.

Ortiz said...

We had a great time. I love being with the kids, they are both adorable and so smart.I cannot imagine live without children and grandchildren. The food was great, thanks Anne and Bob.

Nannie said...

Arn't you glad that your parents always have to repeat themselevs on the blog....

both of us just use the internet so much, we are so experienced..