Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Meanderings 54


Wow...its been since July on the "meanderings" front. I guess I need to catch up. I am always jotting down my observations, but I guess I just never got them into a blog as of late. Too busy, plus no one reads this anymore. But I like it I guess....


1. I was going to take Amanda away for our anniversary on one of the windjammer cruises leaving from Camden. I went on the ships two summers in a row while I was in college, chaperoning for the Swiss exchange students. I went to go check the prices, and I noticed how much the prices have risen. I find this kind of funny, and I was begged to ask the question: Why? I mean, does the price of wind go up with inflation? How can sailboats charge more money? A ha! I mean, I guess food costs a little more, but where do they get off cashing in on the rising price of fuel?


2.You know what you never see anymore? Those fruit punch "machines" that used to be ubiquitous in diners and small restaurants. Do you remember those? They were clear plastic, and the fruit punch would mix all day long as it fountained continuously down the sides of the tank. Where did all of those go? Have we stopped caring for the quality of our punch??


3. I saw a sign the other day that read "FINE FOR LITTERING." So I said, "okay" and tossed a wrapper out the car window. Then, the following day, I saw a sign that read "$100 FINE FOR LITTERING," and I thought to myself, "I dont care WHAT they say....no one in their right mind should toss a hundred bucks out the window." Get it?


4. I would like to start an activist group that gives the Jews some ownership, stock options, or AT LEAST some credit when it comes to the Egyptian pyramids. "Oh those Egyptians were such geniuses," people will say. The Jews built the darn things. Where is OUR stake? All throughout history, the Egyptians get all the credit, and I dont think that is right. I demand reparations from the Egyptians. What's fair is fair, right? (Except 'my people' have class. They are too busy at their jobs each day to complain about getting free money they dont deserve).

5. Isnt it funny that we travel AWAY from home, down the street, and across town to go to restaurants that advertise "home cooking?" Why do restaurants advertise this? I think they are missing the point of restaurants


6.In Maine, like Mass and other states, it is the law that employees of restaurants must wash their hands before returning to work. But it is also a law that restaurants post official signs telling employees that they must wash their hands before returning to work. So, essentially, it is a LAW that they advertise that something else is a law. Hmm.......


7. Regarding number 6: Who is enforcing this law? Who could honestly tell if an employee has not washed his or her hands? "So what are you doin' time for?" "well, back in 87 I forgot to wash my hands at Denny's...."


8. Most of you who read this blog know that I may someday run for president with one platform, and one platform only: Tractor trailers are only allowed on the road between 10pm and 7am. This, as I have mentioned before, would solve most of the world's problems. However, I now have a second platform: It would illegal for any person, radio station, or any other entity to play that song "Walkin' on Sunshine" by whomever sings that piece of crap song. Anyone caught playing or listening to the song would be shot on site. Vote for me.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

We have one of those fruit punch machines here at school!

Also, I have family members who drive tractor trailors. And I like the song "Walkin' On Sunshine." I am offended!

ortiz said...

good blog !

Katrina and the Waves said...

Oh! Ohhhh yeeeh
I used to think maybe you loved me now baby I'm sure
And I just cant wait till the day when you knock on my door
Now everytime I go for the mailbox , gotta hold myself down
Cos I just wait till you write me your coming around

I'm walking on sunshine , wooah
I'm walking on sunshine, woooah
I'm walking on sunshine, woooah
and don't it feel good!!

Hey , alright now
and dont it feel good!!
hey yeh

I used to think maybe you loved me, now I know that its true
and I don't want to spend all my life , just in waiting for you
now I don't want u back for the weekend
not back for a day , no no no
I said baby I just want you back and I want you to stay

woah yeh!
I'm walking on sunshine , wooah
I'm walking on sunshine, woooah
I'm walking on sunshine, woooah
and don't it feel good!!

Hey , alright now
and don't it feel good!!
hey yeh ,oh yeh
and don't it feel good!!

walking on sunshine
walking on sunshine

I feel the love,I feel the love, I feel the love that's really real
I feel the love, I feel the love, I feel the love that's really real

I'm on sunshine baby oh
I'm on sunshine baby oh

I'm walking on sunshine wooah
I'm walking on sunshine wooah
I'm walking on sunshine wooah

and don't it feel good!!
I'll say it again now
and don't it feel good!!

cont till the end

jared said...

MY HOUSE........cool blog posters

jared said...

YOUR HOUSE......broken toasters....

Cathy said...

haha! i feel honored that you remember!

Unknown said...

You will never have my vote.