Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Moxie Falls part 2

More pictures from Moxie Falls....above, Amanda and Maira check out one of the cool swimming spots JUST ABOVE the huge waterfall I showed in the last blog post.....


After the little jaunt, we drove down Lake Moxie rd to the actual FORK of the Dead and Kennebec Rivers; here, there is a little park and a couple of neat bridges--one for vehicles #miaspeak going over Rt 201, and the other especially for snowmobiles and ATVs (both of these conveyances are HUGE in this part of our state...so much so that they get their own infrastructure!). As you can see, Callum is one happy little boy, and this makes me glad. I hope Amanda and I can give our children the peace and happiness every child should have.


Lots of marshlands, swamps, and river outlets abound off "Old Canada Highway," and we are always on the lookout for moose. As I was driving back, I thought I spotted something moving around in the water, and I was right! This moose watched us closely as WE watched HER. Generally speaking, moose dont give a care about you at all....haha.

For more about moose safaris in the area, click here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBhtcF59OHY&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLEC35DDD2E3F79489
This guy is based out of Bingham, the town right before the Forks. He seems like the kind of guy I would love to share a good cup of coffee with early one morning....



Ahhh.....the peace and quiet of a nice ride home, listening to the new Wynton Marselis live album I picked up at the Winslow Public Library

2 comments:

ortiz said...

loved the picture of the moose, would love to go on that sarfari someday.

Mel said...

Awww, I love that picture of them sleeping, so cute. Did you shave Callum's head?? Hehe, I like it!!