Monday, April 30, 2012

Amanda the Trekker

Amanda has signed up to do the Trek Across Maine, a bike ride that goes across the whole state of Maine, starting in the western part of the state at Sunday Riv er, and ending at the sea in Belfast. The three day event covers about 180 miles or so, and traverses mountains, farmland, and windy flat stretches. I rode it about four years ago. In the rain. And this year Amanda has made the commitment for this American Lung Association benefit ride.

In addition to the rides she goes on during the week, she has been steadfastly practicing her yoga--in fact she is doing it right now! The Goldsmiths love yoga--I know that, personally, it has enriched my own running and riding very much!

I am really proud of Amanda for making this commitment and sticking with it, even though she is a hardworking mom of three kids (I am the third). Riding 180 miles is not easy, but I know she will kick butt!

Jon is riding this year for like the 61st year in a row, and yesterday the youngwillards came over to see the kids, have dinner, and go for a ride. Amanda and Jon had a windy, yet invigorating ride, and I was able to snap a couple of pictures of the spandexwillards before they left.




June will be a busy month for the Goldsmiths. Amanda has her bike ride, and I have my half marathon. I am looking forward to the Trek for two reasons: a) I am not participating b) Callum, Maira and I get to be Amanda's "TrekSlaves," driving her around and supporting her in any way possible--logistical, emotional, etc....perhaps we will get tshirts made.I will drink a lot of coffee, probably.

 Callum is totally going to want to ride this event......

No comments: