Tuesday, April 17, 2012

The Winslow Warrior

Last Friday I participated in a fundraiser for Winslow's Project Graduation (a safe after-graduation party alternative!). One of the parents had a connection to the NAWA--North Atlantic Wrestling Association. These guys might be amateurs, but they are pretty serious and pretty legit...they do "shows" all over the country--and even in South America/Puerto Rico where I guess amateur wrestling is pretty big....I had a blast. Conner Bourgouin was my "manager" and "cheerleader," and my tag team partner was a guy named Sonny THE ITALIAN SUPERMAN Roselli. The above photo is me after my big win....

Here I am getting ready to finish off "the Back-Country Dog," who was a hairy guy wearing a chain around his neck....he was...well...a dog. But I am getting my "revenge" from when they "jumped" me at the beginning of the show....Sonny bodyslammed the dog in the center of the ring, and my job was to finish him off for the pin....I FELT like I did a great job....and then I saw the video (oh yes, a video exists...) and Jezsin pointed out my "inadequacies" in wrestling...hahaup against the ropes...I was "B-slapping" this guy all over the place....haha
Getting ready for the jump....and please notice the OFFICIAL Winslow High School wrestling "singlet," which I think is guy-speak for UNITARD. Why do I feel like these pictures are going to come back to haunt me someday....(look at our decorated WHS gym though....my school is made up of CHAMPIONS!)I got to school 1.5 hours early to hone my skills,, and here I am practicing a "Goldsmith Elbow Drizzzop." It is a signature move of mine.....So the whole "act" was that I was supposed to MC the event and thank everyone for coming to this great fundraiser, yada yada...THEN, the dog and the "Purple Pimp," aided by their manager "Beavis," interrupted my monologue, played loud music, and marched out WWF style and both verbally and emotionally abused me, making me VERY upset (haha). They started trashing me saying this was "their" world and school is over and I have NO PLACE in a ring, yada yada....THEN, Sonny came out with a folding chair, took care of business, and VOWED we would take our revenge later on!!

I do a lot of neat things that no one ever sees.

1 comment:

hollywood hulk hogan said...

What's your wrestling name so I can search for this "video" on youtube?