Thursday, December 26, 2013

It is Christmas.

Not too many pictures to share....on Christmas we like to take more video than anything else....

Christmas Eve was a lovely day we spent recovering and chipping away from the ice storm...we all delivered 'quick breads' and cookies to our neighbors, which is a tradition of ours. We ended up stopping a delightfully amount longer at the Carlton's house, since the Hallens were there too. I knew I hit the big time when I went to hug my friend Lisa and she spilled her red wine all over Andy and Beth's couch. I hadnt even had a drink yet!! This couch story reminds me of my friend Jawn and this one time when...well....never mind....

Lin and Gorge made it over eventually (haha) followed by Jon and Kelsey. I made a fish chowder and (I think) George put out snaques #jokesonjokes. Also, I SHOULD have gone to the hospital, since I sliced my finger open whilst cutting salt pork for the chowder. I probably needed a couple of stitches. But oh well. It actually hurts to type.

Church was 'lessons and carols' and I was both a reader of one of the Gospels AND an usher with my good friend #cartoonBrad. Siena even made us matching red bowties. Good thing we are married....cuz we were looking exceptionally...well....something...

Forgot to mention that Callum was too sique to go to church, so he stayed home with the #oldWillards. We got home from church to find him asleep on the couch. So no "Knight Bee Four Christ Mass" or nuthin. Just as well. I hate that book.

Callum didnt feel much better the next day (I am laughing at the fact that, by now, the 3 people who read this have given up and moved onto Facebook.....) and he slept most of the day. It was a lovingly relaxing kind of day--very quiet and very peaceful. I think Amanda baked some cookies. And, in between, George and I made a turkey dinner and he (I think) put out some 'snacks.'

The kids' favorite presents (we still have Nannie and Papa's this weekend) thus far:

Callum: stuffed MINION, Lone Ranger Stagecoach Lego set, Nerf dart gun, Operation game (my favorite!) Leap pad 'ultra' (looks like an iPad), snowshoes

Maira: Brownie (this stuffed puppy), snowshoes, awwwesome doll house with TONS of furniture, Cinderella Castle Lego set, slinky

They both got a few 'together gifts' like games and books...the one book they LOVE is "Whose Tracks are These?" and it is about a duog who goze walking in the snew and you see all the cute aminal traques and learn stuff and stuff.....

....was actually thinking....this is the THIRD year in a row Callum was sick on Christmas....the kid is NEVER sick....what goes with that?? Poor kid did this a majority of the day.....at least he had Minion...



Classique Chrimbus Dinner--turkey, stuffing, Brussel Sprouts, pan gravy, mashed potatoes, etc...Amanda also makes an awesome cranberry dessert thing...I have written about they before.


I think when I said "say cheese" before we ate, Lin thought I said "say grace" because she looks like she is praying.....

#SCREENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




1 comment:

Mee Mee and Grampy said...

It was a perfect Christmas Day!!! All except for Mr. Callum being sick. It was a great family day and lots of fun with the kids. Jared, you out did yourself on the meal. It was delicious!!!