Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Thanksgiving week part deux


So, like I said yesterday, we were blessed to see so much family during the holiday week--from both my side and Amanda's. "The Zoo," as the Jerseyans are called (or maybe ALL of us are called that when we are together) came up the Sat. before Thanksgiving. I didnt see them since I had my annual tailgate party for State Championship Saturday. But Amanda and the kids were with them each day! 

On Monday, I drove over to BaBa's house in Readfield right after school for a few hours before I had to leave to get back to school to present our curriculum for the School Board. They unanimously endorsed our department's curriculum, by the way, to reflect the mandates set forth by the Common Core (the new Federal guidelines and standards for education).......

I always have fun seeing SteveeCee. Just as I have seen my own dad drink alcohol only once in my life, I have only once in my life seen SteveeCee WITHOUT an Amstel Light. But I guess if you root for the Eagles, you HAVE to drink, right? Below, we share a funny myoment...



Callum, Maira, Sammi, and Brandon were ALL BUSINESS as they worked on their coloring books and artwork--I guess they did this like every single day. Like I said yesterday, our kids LOVE seeing their cousins, and between Emma, Sammi, Brandon, and Jackson, I dont think Callum and Maira had one un-fun moment over the whole holiday....(and also, as the stupid teacher-book geek-hipsterwannabe-hippy guy I am, I loved how the kids watched like no TV...)

Crayons and pre-cut apples: Who could want anything more?



Callum, Jackson, and Maira built a STELLAR fort in Jackson's room on Thanksgiving day--before NANNIE destroyed it (actually she didnt...but Maira blamed it on her, saying "Nannie, you dont let us do ANYTHING). Also, the kids and I took a walk down the road to see Jackson's neighbor's horses. And, as always, racing their cars and trucks at full speed from the living room to the kitchen is a popular activity.

I think the most fun CS and Brandon had together, other than the coloring, was when we did a 'concert' downstairs at our house during the PJ night thing--I played keyboard, and the boys sang renditions of Jingle Bells (subbing BATMAN LAID AN EGG kids of imagery into the lyrics) and HOLLY JOLLY CHRISTMAS. The danced and sang and all was wonderful.

Here are Callum and Maira enjoying the VERY FIRST snowfall of the year (not the storm we got a couple of days ago...the one below was from the first snow, which was on the Monday night before Thanksgiving....)


No comments: