Monday, December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving Week 1


Thanksgiving, for the Goldsmiths, is not merely one day....it is an entire week of family and food. This year, it started on the Saturday BEFORE Thanksgiving, as the crowd from NJ came up to Maine, as they usually do. We spent a lot of time with them (as photos will later show) before heading down to CT to do Thanksgiving with my family at my sister's in Mystic. We headed down there Wednesday morning, driving in what I would call one of the most ferocious rain storms in which I have ever driven. AWFUL rain and wind. But we made it there just as my sister and Anthony got power back so we (or mostly Amanda) could help Anthony put on a CLINIC of amazing dessert baquing. 

While Amanda and Anthony baked pies and cookies and stuff, I got to bond and 'babysit' our new niece, Annabella. She 'Christened' me by throwing up all over me, so the two of us are 'cool' now. I think the best part of the whole Thanksgiving week, for me anyway, was seeing Callum and Maira enjoy time with their cousins--Jackson. Annabella. Brandon. Sammi.. They have a blast seeing them and playing with them. 

When we travel down to CT it is great to see my dad and mom both in one place. And the kids enjoy this too.....and Maira kept both of us (below) in stitches doing her impression of Papa (Hi Jackson Honey!!). Even Zin _ got to hear it over the phone. 


And we were honored to be there for Annabella's first Thanksgiving. Anthony fried up a scrumptious turkey. But, as usual, the hilight was, for me, the stuphed muschrumms.


Anthony and my dad were taking tons of photos (and I hope we see them), so Amanda and I took a ton of video with our digital camcorder instead. I wish there was a way to upload those videos onto the blog...but maybe if anyone ever wants to come over they can watch some fun stuff!

We came back late Friday night. And then, for the rest of the weekend, we kind of decompressed from traveling, and then did stuff to try to get in the Christmas spirit. Amanda and Callum went to a craft fair with meemee to do some Christmas shopping, and Maira and I headed into downtown Waterville for 'small bizniss Saturday' to check out some dealios and get Callum the teddy bear Maira wanted to get him for Christmas.

Then, on Sunday, we had church and then a birthday party for the kids' little friend Lucy--she was six. It was a "Patriots Party" where we all watched the Pats somehow escape with a victory over the doormat of the NFL--the Texans. Needless to say, Maira was ABSOLUTELY exhausted after a week of holiday fun.....we didnt even have to take her coat off once we got home....


Last night, because absolutely no snow was forecast, we got our first significant snowfall of the season. It was so bizarre waking up at 3:38 AM to hear the plows going up and down our street; Amanda and I asked "why the heck are there plows out" even though we knew the answer. We definitely didnt plan on snow. But we will take snow however we can get it! But this was VERRRRY wet and heavy snow. Tough to move. But the kids were in heaven!!!


As I wrote--we will be more forthcoming with other pictures from the week--but I just wanted to post this nice group shot Uncle Bob took when we had everyone over last Tuesday night for our annual 'PJ night." Although, as you can see, no one really wears PJs anymore....haha


No comments: