Friday, December 20, 2013

Once again.....



....we are 'grounded' by a storm and unable to go down to Mass to see my family for my mom's annual Christmas party. This seems to be a tradition just like every other Christmas tradition we have...haha. This year, there is an impending ice storm we are supposed to get tomorrow and Sunday; it has been the talk of the state, so to speak, and it made the front page of the paper, the evening news on my mom's TV, and the go-to conversation for all my colleagues today at school #kingofparallelstructure. They are comparing it to the ice storm of 1998 which, as Amanda will tell you, was LEGIT. I know that Winslow didnt have school for 15 days after this storm (seriously) and Amanda, who lived in Mt Vernon at the time, lost power for two weeks. It feels good, going into this storm (which probably wont be anything by the way) to have a woodstove. And a snowmobile. Maybe I will use it to go to the store. #funneststoretripever

So, I am pretty down tonight. We all are. Yes, I will see my family next weekend (weather permitting) when we plan on going down...but I was looking forward to all the festive (and tacky...haha) things my mom does. PLUS, all my extended family was going to be there. Oh well. I'll just drink. Alone. Tomorrow. 

Just kidding........kind of. haha...

So what will we do this weekend now? Bake? Get wood? Sled? Who knows....

All I know is that I love our beautiful kids, and I am blessed to share Christmas with a loving and beautiful wife. I love my son EVEN THOUGH there is a warrant out for his arrest for breaking haircut-needing laws in the state of Maine....




They are just simple little people who love each other and play cars and drive me up the wall. And we have a warm and people-loving cat who annoys the crap out of us, lying down on everything we need to use/play with/cook with/eat on......haha....



And who could be sad or down when you get to see a face like this each day, right?


No comments: