Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Ain't No Sunshine...


Oh, hello. Amanda here. I'll be keeping up the blog (or trying to, at least) while Jared is away on his school trip to Washington DC. Here is my first attempt. I must say, Jared is a hard act to follow. I am constantly amazed at his creativity in his writing... I keep encouraging him to write a book and try to get it published, but short of stealing his stuff and sending it in myself, I think it will be quite a while before he does it. Maybe when he "retires".


So we woke up at 3 am this morning and I had him at Winslow HS by about 3:45. The bus was leaving promptly at 4. I came back home, stoked the fire, read for a little while, and tried to go back to sleep.


Jared called me at around 1:30 this afternoon saying, "Hey -- guess where I am? I'm just passing the Golden Dawn!" The Golden Dawn is a diner in Burlington, New Jersey, right where I grew up and where my family from NJ still lives. The diner used to be good, but now it's bad. On our trip to New Jersey last summer, we drove all night and stopped at the diner in the morning around 7:30 for breakfast. We should have just had cereal at Aunt June's. Oh well... Anyway, passing the Golden Dawn made us both think about our trip to NJ that will be coming up this summer, and we are so excited. It's one of the highlights of our summer, and this year will be extra special because we'll have the Bean with us. AND we'll get to meet Keith and Donna's baby too.


Then Jared called me around 3:30 and they were just leaving Philadelphia where they had stopped to visit The National Constitution Center. The photo above is a picture of Philly when we were down last summer. Some things we are hoping to do this coming summer are 1. have dinner with Michelle & Stevie Cee again (just the kids) 2. get the Bean some Phillies gear and 3. maybe visit the QVC studios. I'm not joking about that one...


Well, they finally made it to DC around 6:30. Jared is doing laundry tonight because some of the things he packed in his duffle bag exploded all over his clothes. Nice. I am going to bed because it's after 11 pm. I'm going to attempt to get a good night's sleep, but it's difficult without Jared here. I miss him very much...


Goodnight!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mom, Im to young to travel. I want to stay with Auntie KK, bring me back a philly cheese steak please.
Love,
BG

Belle said...

Wonderful job with the blog Panda! I hope Jared is having fun in DC! We can't wait until your visit this summer and I think we can accomplish all the things on your to do list.

Michelle Garner said...

Hi Amanda! Great blog! Thanks so much for lunch the other day - it was fantastic. If you need anything while Jared is away, just give me a call - you know where I am. He'll be back before you know it!

Anonymous said...

I hope Jared gave us a shout out!
If you were lonely Amanda you should have called me! Love ya

Anonymous said...

School trip or a rendezvous with a classy lady from the Emporeror's Club? I hear they're big in D.C.

Kidding! Kidding!

Congratulations on your 27th week, and hope all three of you are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Jared should have stayed in Philly, it's the beer fest here for 10 days.

Anonymous said...

nice blog Amanda! hope you and the bean are doing well with out Daddy!!

Anonymous said...

Amanda,I called you tonight. Just wanted to check on you since you are alone. Maybe I will check on you tomorrow. What are you and your mom going to do tomorrow night???? I wish I could be there for girls night out.
Jared, hope you are having a great time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Amanda, Uncle Bob here. Isn't Gov. Spitzer's Jersey Girls in Washington DC? How are you and the Bean doing? Enjoy your short vacation with the house to yourself because it will soon be hetic.

Love, Uncle Bob

Anonymous said...

panda you bring refreshing insight to the blog. you're like Liane Hansen's voice on a Sunday morning.