Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Ouch





This is the first blog I've ever written while on Vycodin (I dont even know if I'm spelling it right). I usually stay away from this kind of stuff, but I'm actually in a lot of pain. I had to have a wisdom tooth taken out today--I got all my wisdom teeth out when I was in college, but for some reason they left one in . . .maybe just to be funny. Well, anyway, this one had a lot of decay, so I got it taken out today. The Novocaine worked for the pain, but there were all kinds of nasty crunching sounds coupled with lots and lots of pressure as Dr. Vermette took it out. What's even funnier is that I have her kids in class, so as she was wrenching my tooth loose, she was asking me all kinds of questions about what types of things we would be doing in Washington DC next week when Thurston, me, and Woody take some students down. Needless to say I couldnt really answer her. Oh well.


We had our 6th snow day today--although one might call it an "ice day." We got about three inches of snow last night, covered then with ice, sleet, and freezing rain on top of it. I was actually surprised we had no school today, so Thomas and I took advantage of it by lying on the couch and reading a good book together. Yes, I am "that guy" who personifies his cats. Oh well. I am reading a really good book right now called TALL TREES, TOUGH MEN, which is a story about the history of the logging industry in Maine and NH. Its actually very very interesting!


Shovelling sucked today, since each shovel full was like picking up five gallon buckets filled with water . . .and then throwing them as far as you could. The snow had a coat of ice on it, so when you threw the "shovelled" snow on it, it just slid right back down onto the driveway.


Oh, and remember that comment I received on my "top five beer blogs" about Kennebec River Brewing Company? Well, it turns out that it wasnt Jay screwing with me . . .it was legit. I have been in contact with Russell, the president of Northern Outdoors, and he was so flattered that I mentioned his brew that he is sending me a T-shirt. What a nice guy! Plus, he told me to ask for him next time I was at the lodge, since he'd love to buy me a beer. People are nice in Maine . . .


The Complete Works of Goldsmith is going global!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about a blog on your five most favorite restaurants?

Anonymous said...

Remeber when I got my wisdom teeth out?? Then they got infected and I had to irrigate my mouth every day and you would use a water gun...

Anonymous said...

i also remember the picture of you in the army shirt with your huge chipmunk cheeks. and didnt dad and i share a pepperoni pizza in front of you? or was that a different surgery? anyway, i think that was the one and only time you were ever mad at me

Anonymous said...

Also remember you past blog about hot news anchors? Sara Underwood takes the cake: http://wbztv.com/video/?id=59418

Anonymous said...

The pepperoni pizza was when I got my tonsils out. you were mean to me a lot. you used to poop then lock me in the bathroom to suffer

Anonymous said...

I think Kristin was mad at you many other times

Michelle Garner said...

Love the demotivational posters with the insect saying "Hi" and the one with Rick Astly. Too funny. :)

Anonymous said...

Those are cute.