Thursday, March 27, 2008

My wife has a Master's degree . . .


Yet I went to the library today to pick up the latest book in her series of "mysteries" she is reading by an author named Joanne Fluke. This particular volume was called "Peach Cobbler Murder," and it is loaded with intellectual "meat." The last three books were, respectively, "Lemon Meringue Pie Murder," "Sugar Cookie Murders," and "Fudge Cupcake Murders!" Obviously, they are both riveting and enriched with the finer nuances of American Literature. Just kidding. She calls them her "junky mysteries," and I think its great that she relaxes with some good books . . .even if they are pretty easy reading . . . .the whole point is to be entertained, right?


Tonight was spent in Readfield at the grandparent's house, where we joined the New Jerseyites (who arrived last night) for some spaghetti and meatballs. After dinner, while all the adults talked, all the kids (Emma and I) went into the living room to play some "Zingo," which is her favorite game. I love how she fixes it so she wins. Every time. It is really cute to see Emma so fascinated with Amanda's big belly, as she rubs, touches, and kisses it. It is also really cute to see her talk to "the bean" through Amanda's shirt.


Thank God tomorrow is Friday. I know this sounds cliche, but I totally mean it. This week has been so long. I have a Battle of the Bulge veteran coming to talk to my class tomorrow, so I will probably post on that tomorrow afternoon. Also, I've got to update you on the Philosophy club I've started at Winslow . . .a club which is having continued success in its third week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amanda, wait to you read the pineapple upside down cake mystery. It was a gooey mess of a story.